L 4-0 vs Southampton (A) - FA Cup Third Round - Sat 6th Jan, 3pm

Over 2000 Saddlers travelling, could be an upset here?

Southampton vs Walsall - Match Result
  • Southampton Win
  • Draw (Replay)
  • Walsall Win

0 voters

All depends on how many of there usual first 11 they leave out for me as regards to an upset .
Should be a great day out though and the lads should be confident after recent results and with amazing traveling support to spur them on you never know . After all this is the FA cup. UTS

2 Likes

I cannot see us winning but I hope all those that go see a good performance.1-2 I regret to say.

1 Like

Exciting 2-2 draw. We batter them for the last 10 minutes to get an injury time equaliser.

I was thinking 2-2 as well, but the other way around. They will batter us for last 10 minutes (when they bring their regular first teamers on) and get an undeserved equaliser.

Not overly worried as long as the same sort of performance is continued that’s the most important thing…

1 Like

Agreed - that and no injuries

Have you noticed? The further you get in the FA cup, the more the magic comes back.

4 Likes

As long as we put in a Wrexham type performance and not a Sutton one I’ll be happy.
On paper for the saints it’s round four here we come but this is the cup and anything can happen.
Someone will spring a surprise so why not us as we find ourselves in good form at the moment.
The pressure is on them more than us.
Championship club going great guns, all that lovely parachute money plus home advantage.
Everything to lose for them everything to gain for us in my opinion.

3 Likes

Was looking at a Saints forum and they think the crowd will be getting on for 20,000.
A few very nervous after our win at Grimsby and their recent results at the hands of the Mariners and Gillingham.

Very pleased to read on the old tinternet that they are thinking of bringing on around 4/5 of their academy players for the match…good on 'em! If we could take advantage I would be dead chuffed, just hate these clubs that think they can use their ‘reserves’ to crush lower league clubs in the Cup…would serve 'em right if we got a result.
However, in reality we stand little chance of getting anything from this fixture, they are currently on a great run and have been sweeping aside all comers in their own league let alone some 4th Division upstarts!

1 Like

Hopefully Southampton will rest players like Terry Paine, Mick Channon and Ron Davies. That will give us a fighting chance :+1:.

9 Likes

I initially misread your prediction as a 21-1 defeat!

1 Like

Don’t forget Le Tessier as well Sid, he is bound to get one or two if he plays , right handful :crazy_face:

1 Like

It’s Danny Wallace I’d be worried about!:wink:

1 Like

3-1 defeat for me im afraid.

Think we’ll hold our own for a while, in terms of keeping them at bay, but go 1-0 down at Half Time.

Equalise with a rare venture forward.

Get copped out to go 2-1 behind.

Then a 80-odd minute 3rd to kill the game.

Looking for a decent performance and a good day out for all. Enjoy it lads.

There’s no reason at all to be cautious, we’ve got nothing to lose, just go for it.

I totally agree with that, i just think itll be similar to the Leicester game last season. We didnt really offer much going forward as well as we played.

We had Andy Williams up front and no DJ last season

1 Like

True :joy: