L 4-0 vs Southampton (A) - FA Cup Third Round - Sat 6th Jan, 3pm

Just saw a tweet or X from the express and star guy saying Freddie should be fit for the weekend.

https://twitter.com/gbennett1997/status/1742925611239387440?t=N0ntOVNoOWK4aG86zwK2cg&s=19

But we’ve experienced Wrexham & Grimsby on the run in to this game.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24025315.martin-happy-home-fa-cup-draw-expecting-stick-walsall/

Martin expecting stick.

Lets be brutally honest, we’re going to have to play at our very best, hope Southampton have an off day and there is a sprinkling of FA Cup magic at St Marys on Saturday if we are to record a famous win. It’s not impossible but it’s long odds against. Still whatever the result it promises to be a fantastic day out for our spectators. I’m travelling down tomorrow and staying overnight so I can soak up all the pre-match atmosphere around Southampton.

I have no doubt we’ll give a good account of ourselves but I think the Saints will prove to be a bit too good in an honourable 2-0 defeat.

I’d be surprised, I’d forgotten about the bloke, but of an elevated opinion of himself.

1 Like

Changed yr mind kingcrod ? you put us down for a win in the poll :smiley:

Got to sing this legend’s name on Saturday “theres only 1 Chris Nicholl” the whole ground should join in

9 Likes

Didn’t see this just asked the very question on the other link as I think this should be a big deal , and not much been said ,legend for both clubs needs some recognition

4 Likes

The way we are playing and the comradeship within the team and the confidence i honestly think we will get at least a replay

3 Likes

My head says they’re an absolute class act and will have too much for us but my heart says we will play the game of our lives and there could be an FA Cup giant killing. I just hope whatever the result all our spectators soak it all in as there will be memories to last a lifetime.

Aaaahhhh Friends, football friends :joy:

4 Likes

Whatever happens it’s imperative that we don’t get a pasting. Confidence is a high at the moment but that could easily be shot down if we ship a lot of goals in

2 Likes

Southampton v Walsall: Mat Sadler’s Saddlers in better shape for FA Cup tie - BBC Sport

1 Like

Where is everyone parking tomorrow? I can see they advise not to park near the ground and to park in local council car parks. Anyone been before and have any tips!?

Going with mates who are Saints season ticket holders, I’ll be in our end. They’re driving and say they always park in the town centre car parks and walk, approx 15-20 mins, to St Marys.

1 Like

I’m sure Lincoln will be chuffed to bits :joy:

There’s areas flooded and at risk of flooding north of Southampton. I’d have thought sticking to the M3 would be ok but trying any back routes might be risky.

M27 Has had some floods, nearer Portsmouth in fairness but be careful. Id approach from the west if you can, Ringwood / Lyndhurst into Southampton from the highground

1 Like

Looks like a good crowd.

2 Likes

Got my ticket looking forward to seeing 2000 saddler fans cheering the lads on. Still be cheering them on even if we are losing 5.0 making it a special day. Come on me babies