L 4-2 vs Rochdale (A) - League Two - Fri 7th April, 3pm

Yeah, thank goodness they left Spotland, what a dump that was.

1 Like

My two lads both want to go up to Rochdale I’m not sure I can be bothered tbh.

13th in the table coming into April, 13 points off a play-off place, and the worst goals-scored record of every team above us.
We are closer to the relegation places than we are to the top 6.
We are 18th in the League 2 form table, so not a lot to be optimistic about.
We won’t go up and we won’t go down.
The League table doesn’t lie, and we are bereft of goals, the most important commodity in football.
For me, there can be no better moment than to start preparing for next season now !!

The loan players will not be our future moving forward.

RAM, Ronan Maher must be given his opportunity, and now. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Earlier in the season he made 12 appearances in all competitions for the first team, and the fans loved him.
Even before this, against a strong Championship side in Coventry in pre-season, he stood out, and in my view was the best player on the pitch.
Left footed, technically outstanding, he is a dribbler who comes alive in the attacking third.
His dead ball deliveries were a feature.

Michael Flynn unearthed a gem, protected the club with the award of a three year contract, and gave him minutes, predominantly off the bench.
Ram was then capped at international level, for the Republic of Ireland U’19’s in the European Championship qualifiers.

Maybe Flynn wanted to rest and protect him, but apart from a 15 minute cameo in the FA Cup v Leicester, he hasn’t got on the grass at first team level in 6 months.
For one of the finest prospects seen at Bescot in decades, that cannot be right.

Losing Johnson in January killed our season. We lost our main goal scorer.

Ram was playing in Walsall’s U’23 team at the age of 16, and with U’18 football too, he scored 18 goals last season.
He has been moved back into 18’s football again recently, to get some game time. He delivered again, scoring 5 goals in 5 games.
10 minutes off the first team bench here, 45 minutes and 60 minutes there, is no substitution for a run of 90 minute games.

Let’s develop this exciting talent now, in preparation for next season, by giving him a proper run in the first team.
He’s 18 years old now, is Walsall’s most saleable asset, and this sort of quality doesn’t come around too often.
Failure to look after one’s home grown players, always results in your competitors swooping, and doing it for you !!

3 Likes

I know that it’s none of my business and despite everything I think about the club at the moment, if you can afford it then I think you should go, purely because your lads want to go. They need to fall out of love with it on their own terms I think.

2 Likes

I’ve got work Friday morning if I get home early enough I will take them. But Ram has to be given a chance in the first team. Some of flynn’s decisions are baffling. Now is the perfect time.

Team sheets, mind numbing substitutions, throwing his players under a bus, changing systems (that non of his players seem to understand anyway) mid game, scratching his chin or his ear, telling us that ‘we are almost there’ just after a gut wrenchingly awful display, continuing with Knowles long throws that just give our opposition the ball, coaching.
Have I missed any of his specialities?

3 Likes

God - is this season still going on?

Will it ever end?

:yawning_face: :yawning_face:

1-1

7 Likes

The most important question for Friday is … will the chippy opposite our turnstiles be open? :thinking:

Spot on

1 Like

Doing research on the opposition keeper.

1 Like

The same keeper he would have had a perfect insight on from last season :rofl::joy:

Flynn must think we daft

1 Like

Wow only 17% of fans in the poll have gone for a Walsall win against bottom of the league :smile: sums it up for me that does.Anyway I think we will win this one surely to Christ we are better than this lot.

I think it is purely on the fact that they are fighting for survival, and some of our players are so relaxed, i expect them to come out in speedo’s :laughing:

1 Like

Keep your weird fantasies to yourself please Chunks! :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

You been doin a sneak into the dressing room after the latest match and recording the players statements?

Did we have a shot that day?!! I thought we were bad this season, but this looked like a rout.

1 Like

Walsall FC will always be my club - I’ll never fall out of love with them. I might get a bit peed off occasionally, but I’ll always keep coming back for more - it’s the hope that kills ya!!

6 Likes

I’ll be there on the piss, for that rather than on the pitch matters :rofl:

1 Like

If “hope really killed you” we would all have been 6 foot under a long time ago :grinning: PS my attempt at humour was in no way to offend the “cremated community” :grin:

1 Like

Glad there was an S at the start of Speedo’s mate otherwise I’d be questioning our due diligence on employees again.

1 Like