L 5-0 vs Milton Keynes Dons (A) - League Two - Fri 29th March, 3pm

I suppose they don’t want our fans behind the goals as we would be making far more noise there and encouraging our team to win, they’ve shoved us where they hope we have the least chance of making a difference.

2 Likes

Maybe an attemp to create home advantage.

2 Likes

If I am honest I’d sit away fans in the least advantageous spot in our ground too. Probably swap it with the normally half empty family stand and put them in a corner, create a Walsall end at each end.

View looks fine to me though.

4 Likes

Just do what we used to do back in the day, just move to where you WANT to sit, if there are enough of you the stewards don’t want the confrontation, and often just stand there looking at each other as if to say " this is above my pay grade" :laughing:

1 Like

So are we (Four of us going).

Does anybody whos been before have any advice on where to park? Is there any street parking near the ground or will we have to find a car park?

1 Like

Working in Milton Keynes today, back on Friday. They fancy it against us… anybody getting the train I clocked it driving past Bletchley Train Station and it is 1.2 miles to the stadium. Also a pub near the station called The Park

3 Likes

Yeah, the Park is right next door to the Working Man’s Club mentioned in posts above.

Personally I’d go drinking in the Wetherspoons in Bletchley or the pubs in Fenny Stratford.

There’s a couple of Wetherspoons in CMK but it’ll be a ballache to get to the ground from there as it’s over an hours walk away. I also wouldn’t put it past the local taxi drivers to put their fares up because of it being a bank holiday.

There’s parking round the stadium for it and the local retail units/restaurants. Check where you’re parking though as some local residents have been getting tickets because parts of the car parking are restricted stays.

As for the seats in the stadium, think they started moving away fans up there in the last couple of seasons. The only reason I can see for it is to keep them far away from the pitch and lessen the noise.

Info on parking at the stadium:

https://www.mkdons.com/club/visit-stadiummk/

Avoid the Asda car park next door and the MK1 retail park as that’s where you’ll get ticketed.

A lot of people used to park in the industrial estate over the road in Mount Farm but that got packed with locals so you might struggle to get in.

From looking on google maps there’s some residential areas around Lexham road which is about 15 min walk away. Can’t see any restrictions from the street view.

You might be able to get lucky a bit closer around Dawson road. Looks more industrial so not too sure on restrictions there either.

That’s the Mount Farm industrial estate.
A lot of home and away fans used to park along there so could get quite full but if you get there early may be ok.

Maybe save on police costs?

Didn’t think trains were running as far as Bletchley @PeeFourTeeFive posted

Presumably Bletchley train station might be a good place to park if there are no trains

100% mate :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Was this using Da-Hong Pao tea acquired from Fortnum & Mason’s, per chance ?

2 Likes

Think there’s a rail replacement bus running south from CMK to Euston so that could be used to get to Bletchley.

1 Like

£4.60 to park on Bletchley station car park.
It’s monitored by cameras so don’t try and sneak on. :laughing:

1 Like

There are indeed replacement buses on Friday from Milton Keynes Central station to Bletchley station:

Buses are to/from Watford Jn

Depart MKC: xx19 and xx49
Arrive BLY: xx34 and xx04

Depart BLY: xx09 and xx39
Arrive MKC: xx29 and xx59

1 Like

And here’s me thinking that you had principles :joy:

1 Like

Team news, or rather availability news of sorts.
From the E&S reporter on Twitter.

2 Likes