Latest pomcast

Prick.

Stopped listening when he mentioned fans running on the pitch and how that effects the playing budget.

6 Likes

Police were in place before the invasion, absolute nonsense isnā€™t it.

2 Likes

Perhaps we have to have one extra police officer, hence costing thousands more!

Pomlett, a man who spunked a chunk of the playing budget on someone whoā€™s never managed before and a technical director who everyone seemed to think was a massive bellend. But nah, itā€™s a few fans running on the pitch that effects the playing budget.

Stupid prick. F**k off and take responsibility for your own mistakes before you put the blame on others.

3 Likes

Thought it was OK. Nothing more and nothing less.

He was right to call out the vile tweet.
He was right that it was a season of under achievement
He is right and right to be surprised about the slight up tick in season ticket sales
He was right that the uptick was Flynn inspired
He was right about our support and away support in particular.

So on what was said he was mostly right.

Itā€™s what wasnā€™t said that spoke equal volumes. The three departures on the playing side are seismic. And yet there was nothing.

17 Likes

Some people wont see that running on the pitch costs the club fines and extra policing costs for subsequent games. These costs can only come from club funds .
There are non so blind as they that will not see.

4 Likes

I know who i would rather have at the club

But his reasoning was incorrect.

I donā€™ t get the criticism of his comments . Do those people really support stone throwing and pitch invasions I wonder. He went out of his way to thank those who truly support the club home and away and to thank those of us buying season tickets. I am not surprised we have sold more. The deal is very good value if are going to more than half the matches.
Contrary to some of you I think it is good he does these videos and I want him to continue them. You donā€™ t have to watch them .

19 Likes

Cant be arsed to watch it at the minute, but if what others are saying about him having a go at the fans is accurate, then heā€™s a nutter.

Our fans have always enjoyed a pitch invasion and in this totally forgettable season, the bloke with the carrier bag running towards the halfway line while everyone else was going berserk by the corner flag was definitely a highlight.

Hope he doesnā€™t piss Flynn off too much or we could be in a pile of deep shit.

2 Likes

Well you should watch it and come to your own conclusion . You will see my views above which give some balance to the debate.
I think something needs to be stated. The majority on this site are a small minority when you look at the total fan base hence the decent attendances and good season ticket sales

9 Likes

Thereā€™s a shock :joy::joy::joy:

Stadiums majority empty most weeks because most people have already had enough and f***ed off but ok :+1::joy:

4 Likes

I will tomorrow :+1:

Such a sh*t 12 minute video, so uninspiring. Why not film it on the pitch, different locations, light it properly, cut in clips of fans, goals, Flynn, players, other board members etcā€¦.

Itā€™s just Pomlett sat in front of a 90ā€™s Venetian blind in an ill fitting shirt, taking an age to answer predictable questions. 12 mins of dirge. I could do better on my iPhone/iMovie with my mrs holding a f*cking lamp.

No problem calling out the scumbags but do that quickly or on social media, stop praising the useless board for doing their job & own up to the fact that yet again weā€™ve failed in nearly aspect this season.

No thanks for the staff & stewards. No real views on what he is looking forward to next season, how/why he thinks weā€™ll improve. No acknowledgement of mistakes made etcā€¦. Just same old sh*te.

He needs PR advice and a better film editor. Ffs. Iā€™m gagging for a drawstring bag now.

4 Likes

Trouble is thereā€™s a chunk of the fanbase who are bunch of over sensitive whiners.
" Itā€™s all shit! Everything the club does is terrible! Donā€™t like it!"
But the second thereā€™s a response itā€™s
ā€œThat man spoke to me funny!
He looked at me funny!
He told me off for being an arse, how dare he!ā€

Just saw this utter bollocks. The stadium has always been ā€œmajority emptyā€ apart from big games for the 50 years Iā€™ve been going>

8 Likes

Iā€™m afraid he sees improved ticket sales as encouragement for how he (and his board - still mentioning Roy Whaley in 2022) run the club.

YouTube automatically played the first pomcast after that one. Listen to it then look at the teams whoā€™ve out performed us since he took over.consider the amount of chopping and changing heā€™s done to get back to where he started

Links here Leigh Pomlett press conference - YouTube

Didnā€™t Fellows Park hold twice what Bescot does though? Bit of a silly comparison that. Donā€™t pretend 3500/4000 is the best we can hope for :joy::joy::joy: pretty clear weā€™re scraping the barrel of happy clappers at this point.

The attendances are good

For League Two. Still more than half empty.

The season ticket sales are up on three seasons ago ā€¦ when we were still in league two :+1:

I agree with P.T and WalsallOne posts.
He was only having a go at fans throwing objects at opposing players and receiving vile/abusive tweets and emails, he has every right to criticize those people imho. As for pitch invasions, it happens in football, especially with playoffs and end of season games. I donā€™t think it costs the club more in policing but definitely more in fines assessed by the EFL.
Iā€™m thankful we have an owner willing to communicate with supporters and thanking them for their loyalty and financial support.
I believe there was far more to the Fullerton dismissal than fans speculated about, LP didnā€™t want it made public. I canā€™t imagine he went quietly.

7 Likes