Latest Tweet from Dan Mole

Clearly. Every workplace I’ve ever been doesn’t grind to halt just because one person is off, senior management or not. And I don’t know how much time I’d be spending on Twitter if I had issues like that and had to help run a football club to be honest. I don’t know whether you’ve ever had a relative in hospital but I’ve certainly known it be a week and even longer.

I’m amazed that people put that much stock in Twitter lol. Are we seriously saying “that’s all well and good Dan but a tweet or two would have been nice?”

Edit: I mean, it’s not a bereavement is particularly ■■■■■■■ cold. Normally you don’t know until somebody actually dies. For all we know that was a distinct possibility. We have no idea how severe the situation was.

el nombre you are missing the point , senior management of any organisation would not openly being telling their customer base about family issues.

I sympathise I really do but some things are best kept behind doors.

1 Like

Again, I didn’t blame him - I have not used the word “blame”.

My comment was aimed at the club and Dan is a part of the management team of the club and therefore has to take some responsibility.

We all have experience of hanging around hospitals for hours on end waiting for things to happen.

I used twitter as an example (not on it myself). How long would it have taken him to tweet a message that he would be out of action for a few days - it would have saved a lot of people getting arsey about the lack of communication.

No I’m not I get it completely. Now people have been given the reason for not tweeting it’s the wrong one.

Not blaming but still blaming him. Incredible,

He does a lot wrong. Not tweeting from his Moms sick bed? Not one of them.

1 Like

This is perhaps the issue with him having a personal account used for fan engagement.

Any business/organisation will cover company social accounts if the person who usually deals with it is unavailable. I wouldn’t imagine Dan is responsible for the Official feed anyway, that’ll be overseen by the media/marketing team.

The difference is that his Twitter account is a personal one, so I can’t imagine it being overseen or administered by the club. That means that when he’s not answering, no-one is.

Behave… let’s just agree to see things differently!

Lets indeed.

It is “let’s” :wink:

He’s employed as the club secretary. The club has an official account administered by the communications and marketing dept.
He has his own account which is not an organ of the club.
why don’t people complain to the club account?

2 Likes

Fine but fans can’t have it both ways. For a long time we’ve moaned about communication, so one of the senior management team takes it upon himself to handle that.

Then something like this happens and this thread alone is proof of why he can’t win.

You’ve got one person saying he shouldn’t have said anything it’s unprofessional. You’ve got another saying he should have been informed before now. Instead of appreciating that he informed us at all.

1 Like

I critisised his silence but the bloke has given a perfectly legitimate reason. When there’s something on your mind like that the last thing most people do is turn to Twitter.

He will get an apology from me. Yes, he could have signed off with a message/explanation but like I said, in the situation he finds himself in Twitter is the last thing on your mind.

2 Likes

I agree, he’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t.

Totally agree!

Of course family should always come first and Dan has his priorities spot on as should anyone in that position.

The club have a few Employees that are responsible for marketing, could they step up and improve on the communications from the club? As Dan is a board member and one of the main people for decisions I can imagine that posts would need to be vetted beforehand, but I’m guessing that most of the tweets are personally handled by Dan.

It’s odd that the team picture has been removed. Rightly so, but should never of been sent out in the first place. I imagine that the backlash from fans was the reason.

p.s this is not a post aimed at Dan at all! Since the days that Dale Moon left the PR has taken a hit.

2 Likes

In a statement echoed by many - family comes first, always. For people to say what he should have done on his time off is ridiculous - he could have been given compassionate leave by the club or took it as annual leave. In both instances where does it state that he has to ‘check his social media so those who are moaning can get an answer they still will not be happy with’. His social media is his and he can use it in anyway he sees fit. Using it to communicate with fans when he chooses is a positive, but it’s not a necessity.

Hope his mother is okay and gets well soon.

5 Likes

Totally agree with this.

The way some people have reacted on here is an absolute disgrace.

3 Likes

Agreed, as far as I can see the only criticism is that he probably shouldn’t use his personal account for anything to do with the club.

1 Like

I’m so very glad I operate in a different world of work to you. Stop for a minute and have a think whether you’ve got your priorities right when your nearest and dearest mean less to you than being in work.

Personally, I say good on him for attending to the important things in life and ignoring completely unimportant social media for a few days.

1 Like

If we’re supposed to be a ‘family’ club, I’d expect a bit of slack to be cut for Mole here, especially as it’s his personal account people are moaning about. Maybe Dan has his priorities mixed, using that as a back channel to communicate with fans, as well as the official account, but if it’s unofficial then you can’t moan at it.

4 Likes

I’m glad too.
In my world of work you manage both work and private life. It’s not hard and doesn’t mean that you don’t prioritise your family, you just have to work harder.