Latest Tweet from Dan Mole

Can’t understand why people let social media disgraces like twatter & faecesbook rule their lives.

Really, there must be more important things to worry about than this, non???

2 Likes

Well the abusers have driven him off social media now. One less source of information from our club.

Daniel Mole ‏ @Daniel__Mole These deals have been days & weeks in the making, pleased to get them over line. Season starts tomorrow with renewed optimism. Going to concentrate on role as Secretary & Director & family. Always available on email & in person but social media isnt right forum for me personally 1:16 pm - 3 Aug 2018

I hope the tossers are happy.

I couldn’t care less if he’s on there or not to be honest. Same applies to anyone on Twitter.

Only thing he has done wrong is being on twitter and leaving himself open to abuse from some of the morons that call themselves supporters. The cub has its own account use that to vent your anger not just one man ,glad to see he has closed his account he does not deserve the abuse.

1 Like

Should never have used his personal account for proffesional use anyway, you wouldn’t do it in any other career, same should apply to this. Keep them seperate.

4 Likes

In most other careers you don’t have thousands of people demanding answers from you on a weekly basis and crying about it if you don’t answer.

Not saying he shouldn’t tweet, just use a professional account for the Walsall related tweets, and keep his personal account for exactly that. Always risky mixing the two.

I don’t really see the point of that, it’s still him either way.

The main gripe with Mole was that he was always all over social media when things were positive - however, when fans were disgruntled he was nowhere to be seen. You must take the rough with the smooth if he was supposed to be communicating with the fans. Sorry to hear about his Mom - I wish her a speedy recovery.

3 Likes

Yep completely agree. There are completely valid gripes with Mole.

I just think he also gets grief for things that are totally unfair and in certain cases are getting exactly what we asked for, like more communication. “Oh but he didn’t use an official club account” seems absolutely pedantic to me.

1 Like

I agree the communication is welcomed, but through the proper channels. There’s a reason it isn’t commonplace for directors of football clubs to communicate through these methods as it unfortunately leaves you open to recieve a deluge of abuse, as has been the case here. By seperating the two he can distance himself from some of the morons that seemingly abuse him in his personal life, whilst still communicating as necessary on a professional level… I seem to remember Dean Smith talking of the disadvantages of the modern player using social media some time ago and how he wasn’t keen on his players using it, and this is an example of why.

This all sounds like blaming the victim of the abuse for the abuse to be honest. I really don’t see the problem with him having an account. Especially if the alternative is just @DMole_WFC. Who really gives a ■■■■ if it is an official account or not?

Hardly blaming the victim, if you’re recieving abuse you’re going to do your best to avoid it right? Which in this case is deleting his account… If he’d have kept them seperate in the first place chances are he wouldn’t be forced to delete his personal account now, and could continue tweeting about his personal life to the people that actually matter to him.

Daragh McAnthony the Peterborough owner has a personal account and he gives as good as he gets to the morons who criticise him.
It’s quite funny to read sometimes.

2 Likes

The best way to deal with it.

1 Like

Yeah. Twitter trolls really know where to toe the line.

“Can’t call him a ■■■■ on his personal account, better use the official one”.

Put your personal account on private then, sorted.

1 Like

Christ all mighty. What else should he do? What should he have for tea tonight?

Agree - some of the things I’ve seen that have been tweeted to him were completely unacceptable. However, it used to be brilliant and really insightful when every other Saturday he would do a mini Q and A whilst one of his children was swimming/ at dance class - I can’t remember which.

All this time I thought Dan was club secretary, not twitter mascot. Thank god for Belphegor figuring things out. Sack him immediately!

1 Like