League 2 away trips

I have bad memories of Colchester.
Last time I was there I was being released from the Military Correction Training Centre (the Glasshouse) after a 6 week holiday there :rofl:

2 Likes

One to miss then mate :laughing:

1 Like

6 weeks? ā– ā– ā– ā–  me what did you do kill someone? :rofl:

1 Like

Or refused to kill someone?!!

2 Likes

Stevenage is actually an o.k away imo. Town is a bit of a new build dive but only 20 minutes from central London so just pub it there.

Thought the ground was pretty neat and tidy when I went there last in 2014, reminded me of a rich manā€™s Tamworth for anyone whoā€™s watched a game at the Lamb.

Might do that one if my first choices are midweek fixtures which Iā€™d imagine a few will be.

Tranmere also staying in league 2 would be good aswell. Come on Newport!!

Steer clear of the new town. Itā€™s a dump. The old town however has more pubs than you could possibly wish for with no more than a 3minute walk from each one to the next.

3 Likes

Yes thatā€™s the one decent part of Stevenage, shame the ground wasnā€™t built in that part otherwise it would be one of the best league 2 away days.

An old school mate now lives in Grimsby and has already said we can have a night put there after the game. A night out in Grimsby??? I can hardly wait!!! :roll_eyes:

I did a night out in Grimsby years ago. It was good fun. The girls loved the accent because it was different, and me and my mate both pulled. They didnā€™t smell of fish.

2 Likes

You didnā€™t get past first base then? :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m happy with Carlisle and Morecambe being close to home, although I bet not many others are. Also still a few handy for me being in Leeds with Bradford and Scunthorpe coming down with usā€¦ I had hoped Harrogate came up from the Conference but Salford or preferably Fylde coming up are still okay being up north. Hoping Tranmere and Mansfield stay down too, and I also have a few new northern ones to go to in Grimsby and Macclesfield.

Iā€™m planning to make the most of the great discounts on train travel I get from work; Leyton Orient, Exeter, Plymouth and Cheltenham (even Swindon and Newport at a push) are all doable this way so Iā€™m hoping to do a few of them.

Boned and filletedā€¦

You can get cheap single tickets to Swindon if you change at Cheltenham/Gloucester rather than Temple Meads or Bristol Parkway.

Lovely 50 minute scenic route via Stroud.

Did chuckle at the Swindon at a push comment compared to say Plymouthā€¦:wink:

Ah Forest Green is another (if Iā€™m right in thinking Stroud is the nearest station for that).
My job means its all relatively cheap but Cheltenham, Exeter and Plymouth are all a direct train from Leeds. :wink:

I very rarely do away games in the south but feel I should make the most of this perk.

1 Like

Refused to go to Northern Ireland for the 9th time.

1 Like

Nine tours of NI? They mustā€™ve hated you!

1 Like

Will do the northern usual suspects plus some of those near to London as my son lives thereā€¦ Am trying to do more by train these days, The northern rail strikes were a real pain this season. Have never been to Tranmere so assuming they are not promoted and not midweek, will hopefully get there. Similarly, am keen to do Forest Green, if possible, as got married in nearby Stroud. Canā€™t see me ever getting to Plymouth or Exeter , though I did see us at Exmouth Town once ( 6 nil win under Kenny Hibbert - that flattered to deceive!)

1 Like

Crewe or Vale away first game please ā€¦ tasty

Not till the morning at leastā€¦:wink:

1 Like

We will fight to retain out league status after a pee up in Torquay away at Exeter, last game