League 2 away trips

This is what we had.
Not for the faint hearted.

1 Like

Crewe away is a piece of ■■■■ for me living in Penkridge. Two stops on the train.

Every cloud n that…

One of my all time favorite records, they banned it on juke boxes so to get round it in our local, the gaffer had it put on under another song title, you should have seen the look on some of the new customers faces when they were expecting Boney M. :joy::joy: the most played record for years by me and my mates, one of which did 4 tours of NI

Went to look at a plot of land in Dunston yesterday, vicarage rd I think? I sruggled to get down the road and had to back up to turn round, how thy expect to get a delivery Lorry down there with roof trusses on is beyond me? :thinking:

I thought they might have taken the hint after saying “no” eight times already :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Train just pulled into Macclesfield, that felt ominous enough until the guard announced ‘next stop is Stockport’… :grimacing::grimacing:

4 Likes

Fylde losing 1_0 against Salford. We won’t be heading for the seaside if this carries on like this.
Salford all over them.

1 Like

Can still have a nice weekend in manchestor staying at salford quay’s :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Don’t care about either, Solihull or Eastleigh would’ve been more interesting.

Salford will have massive budget for league 2 so they will be in promotion mix you’d imagine.

The River Irwell used to have lots of chemical foam billowing around on it when I was at the University in the early 70s. I think things have improved since then!
Still hope Fylde can come back in 2nd half.

1 Like

You would be amazed at what they have done with the place now mate, we have stayed there 3 times now, we were woke up one morning by an early morning swimming club splashing around in the quay lol, restaurants, micro pubs, cinema and the new coronation street set.

2 Likes

2-0 now to Salford from a corner set piece.

Media city has lots to do with the improvement. You start attracting media folk up (not just the Beeb but lots of press) and they obviously want facilities to match what they’re leaving behind in London.

Not really bothered about Salford, it’s just another Bury/Oldham/Rochdale in that part of the world although obviously a new ground.

1 Like

3-0 Salford. All over now I think.

Two clubs with massive support a whopping 8000 there today

I don’t know why they don’t pick a more local league ground for something like this… Doesn’t always work with whoever happens to be in the final but I imagine if it had been at Man City etc they would have had a decent crowd.
Fylde are at Wembley again next Saturday against Leyton Orient in FA Trophy final.

I’m guessing Salford genuinely have an endless pot of cash, how many multi millionaires do they have involved?

All the old Man. United players but think Peter Lim is the one pumping money in.

They were paying Adam Rooney 4k in national league. Nathan Pond who was a regular for years in defence at Fleetwood also dropped down two divisions and played for them today.

Safe to say they’ll attract some very decent players now they have league football. Weren’t they supposed to be in Ismail last summer, one they’re very welcome to.

I admit that I use to have a problem with money bags Salford, and then I realised it was jealousy! Oh how I wish we had some of their money and vision.

1 Like

I do have a real issue with all these tin pot clubs with millionaire owners and 200 fans rocking up in the league, and taking the place of long established league clubs, like Notts County, Stockport, York, Wrexhma, Hartlepool, etc, but I guess it’s the world we live in.

And, yes, I’m also massively jealous that a chairman would pump money into them, although I think that the bubble will burst one day, and they’ll all end up back where they belong.

Also puts Jeff’s ‘standing still’ policy into even sharper perspective.

6 Likes