League Predictions

With the season just around the corner I’d be interested to know what your predictions are for the season.

Here are mine…

AUTOMATIC

Bristol Rovers
Exeter City
Mansfield Town

PLAYOFFS

Salford City
Bradford City
Tranmere Rovers
Newport County

RELEGATION
Hartlepool United
Barrow Afc

Walsall to finish 9th in my honest opinion.

1 Like

AUTOMATIC:

Bristol rovers
Tranmere rovers
Mansfield

PLAY OFFS

Northampton
Scunthorpe
Exeter
Walsall

RELEGATION:

Crawley
Stevenage

2 Likes

Same as you , 9th.

Top half is good result imo

@mickysaddler incredibly low bar. That’s abject failure IMO. This tin pot league with its also rans.

1 Like

Think expectations are high mate - too high. I hate this league but we need to be realistic and understand it’s a complete new squad and management team…

It’s going to take time

2 Likes

Yeah fair enough mate I understand your perspective.

Automatic

Salford
Walsall
FGR

Play offs

Brizzle
Stevenage
Bradford
Carlisle

Relegation

Orient
Swindon

1 Like

The North will rise again!

Or not in your view.

1 Like

AUTOMATIC:

Bristol rovers
Salford City
Exeter City

PLAY OFFS

Northampton
Tranmere rovers
Bradford City
Leyton Orient

RELEGATION:

Swindon Town
Sutton Utd

1 Like

I agree can’t help but feel that there is a journeymen look about the team in the 3 games I’ve seen which is not good if we concede 1st. Also look toothless at the minute said it before take 15th now

1 Like

Come on mate, a top half finish wouldn’t be abject failure. It takes a lot to transform from one of the worst teams in the league to one of the best and I’d be very pleasantly surprised if were able to achieve that in the space of a few months.

Obviously we don’t know how Taylor will perform under the managerial microscope, but we at least seem to be putting the building blocks in place for sustainable success. I think anything in the top half would be acceptable, as long as we see improvement across all areas of the football club.

2 Likes

Tom to me it really would be abject failure.

Please don’t put me into the instant gratification or demanding supporter type like some do but with this management team, budget, squad, revenue and support it’s abject failure.

Top half finish in league two. How sexy does that sound. Guys, take my money!

This league is just a Petri dish of also ran football clubs that have nearly all been mismanaged, especially the bigger ones.

1 Like

@TomWFC92 i understand and admire your opinion as well.

I’m really pleased with how things are going at walsall.

1 Like

AUTOMATIC:

Salford City
Exeter City
Bradford city

PLAY OFFS

Forest green
Tranmere rovers
Bristol rovers
Walsall

RELEGATION:

Swindon Town
Sutton Utd

i really don’t see much in it again this season. a lot will come down to injuries and smart signings/loans at the right time. I don’t see Northampton or Bristol rovers being all that.

1 Like

I’m with you Scooby, but would swap/replace Exeter with big spending Bradford.
Swindon will have too much nous to get relegated, Hartlepool far more likely to fall at the first hurdle.
we will finish around 12/13th with a minus goal difference, with an insufficient goals tally being our downfall.

2 Likes

I only went for Swindon because they are in the poo poo, last time I heard they couldn’t pay the players so went down that route Hartlepool as you say will be down there somewhere I just think they will have enough fight,exciting to be back though and have crowds in can’t wait.

Don’t know why Exeter are so popular in these predictions?

Have I missed something?

They have the real Matt Taylor

3 Likes

They have finished 4th twice and 5th once in the last 5 seasons so are always there or there abouts.I can see them actually making 3rd this season just a mixture of a hunch and they are always sniffing around for me mate.

1 Like