FGR
Walsall
Salford

Relegated

Hartlepool
Crawley

Love it :+1:t2:

1 Like

Here’s predictions from the bookies…a. few surprises!

1 Like

Winners: Port Vale

Automatic: Exeter, Bristol Rovers

Play Offs: Salford, Bradford, Forrest Green, Newport

Relegation: Stevenage, Barrow

Walsall to finish 11th

I don’t think they are too far off the mark there :wink:

Will all the people predicting outside the top ten promise not to complain if that is where we end up?

I agree we were better (by miles) when Holden played but one of the reasons for that is that we played with a back four and not a back 5 + 2 defensive midfielders as we often did without him. It’s hard for an attacking 3 without confidence to do much.

It will take time to gel but I do feel that this collection of players would have easily been in the top ten last year.

Hopefully we’ll get to Jan 31st in about 8-9th position, with no outstanding players.
Then from Feb 1st, we storm the league, hitting the top of the table by the end of the season.

1 Like

:joy::joy:
Not a chance (with a few exceptions)

Will all the people predicting top 7 at a canter promise to hold the club accountable if it doesn’t happen?

Probably not a chance of it because predicting something and what you think is a reasonable target are completely different things :man_shrugging: you can predict something is going to be absolutely shit doesn’t mean you have to be happy about it.

But I happen to think above midtable is a reasonable target (and anything above that is a bonus) so won’t hear any complaining for me if that is the case :+1:

2 Likes

I said 10th but after about 5 years of utter garbage I’d be happy with top half and a big improvement I think we will get that this season at least.

I’ll be happy with 11th or 12th this season then a higher finish the year after possibly playoffs comfortably I’ll go on record now that a mid table this season will do I think that’s realistic

We will finish in the top 3 with Bradford and Salford

Automatic

Salford
Bristol Rovers
Mansfield

Play offs

Walsall
Bradford
Leyton Orient
Tranmere

Relegated
Swindlers
Barrow

1.Bradford
2.Tranmere
3.Bristol rovers
4.Salford
5.Mansfield
6.Exeter
7.Port Vale
8.Leyton Orient
9.Northampton
10.Walsall
11.Forest Green
12.Newport
13.Swindon
14.Barrow
15.Rochdale
16.Carlisle
17.Oldham
18.Crawley
19.Harrogate
20.Stevenage
21.Sutton
22.Colchester
23.Hartlepool
24.Scunthorpe

2 Likes

Full prediction i did elsewhere

I think where we’ll finish will essentially come down to injuries and player / team confidence!

The overwhelming feature of what I’ve seen of this team over the last few seasons is how fragile we’ve looked when we’ve conceded a goal or been put under the cosh by the opposition. The early days of Clarke’s tenure were characterised by a negative, hesitant team with players too cautious and scared to commit to attack as a team. In the brief spell when he put this right, the same players with an air of increased confidence put some good results together and looked so much better (albeit very briefly).

Likewise if we can keep key players fit and maintain a settled side, that will effect where we end up - and I understand that this is down to luck on the most part - unless we have a top notch physio like Whitney to work fitness miracles behind the scenes.

I’d forgotten Jackett was in charge at Orient. They won’t go down with him.

Will plump for Crawley instead

Automatic: Mansfield, Salford and WFC
Playoffs: Bradford, Exeter, Forest Green, Port Vale
Relegated: Barrow, Sutton

1 Like

Automatic: Bristol Rovers, Exeter City, Walsall

Play offs: Bradford, Tranmere, Mansfield, Salford

Relegation: Sutton United, Scunthorpe