League Two Grounds

Remoulds ?..false economy.

1 Like

No. Worn out, but comfy Adidas. Although I must admit the cans on the train from Stafford and the beer in Manchester and around the Oldham area might have played a small part.

1 Like

I agree Geordie.

I think FP could have easily become similar a ground similar to Spotland, Prenton Park, Edgely Park, Gigg Lane or Boundary Park. Somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000. But just as importantly, like all of those grounds, beautifully idiosyncratic.

If the pitch was orientated the way we remember it, the railway end could easily have been a stand like the one to our left as we now sit at Spotland. The Popular cowsheds could have been akin to the stand to our left at Bury. The Street End that triangular shaped effort we sit in at Tranmere and the old main stand whatever we wanted it to be.

The removal of the houses that were on site pre Morrisonā€™s would have actually enabled a 20 yard movement towards Wallows Lane which would have made access easier to the Popular cowsheds and Streetend.

Of course people will point to a lack of car parking and the revenue that the whole leisure/conference facility that is Bescot drives.

But which football fan ever lost their heart to a car park or became mesmerised as a child by the conference facilities?

2 Likes