League Two next season

I wonder if anyone has told that to Badgeman and his mate Dutton. Mind you, when you have a UEFA licence, I suppose you need to find a way of showing that you know more than the average punter.

Safe to say we’ve more than stagnated compared to other clubs around us.I also see that surprise surprise a player i mentioned and others in Jamille Matt and also Padraig Amond are involved with teams that have finished in the playoffs we ended up with Gordon and Lavery was it ever going to end any differently for us?

2 Likes

Mate, we have back peddled into the dark ages

2 Likes

We have mate I was probably being a bit too polite,look at how we wasted the top 10 budget we had,I’m sitting here watching FGR vs Newport and we made mistakes massively.As said above Matt,Amond and there’s a list of others in this league who know where the net is at this level and we end up with Caolan Lavery yes we had Adebayo but he was a punt at the start not proven.

2 Likes

I’ll add Maynard to that list whilst we are at it.

1 Like

Well according to Darrell (look at my coaching badges) Clarke,it takes years to gel as a team.

Oh well they will be trying to eat our grass again next season :grin:

3 Likes

Tbh I’m happy solihull didn’t go up or I’d maybe start supporting them lol. jokes uts#

1 Like

We should be trying to sign him he’s only on loan at Newport and usually on the bench so I don’t see them signing him permanently in the right team he’ll score goals at this level don’t think Newports style really suits him

Have no issue with more Adebayo punts next season e.g. young lads who’ve had a couple of league clubs on loan but just needs to find a home to get him going as it did Ade. And ultimately those type of punts keep the club going year in year out as only needs one to come off.

Desperately need to get the senior striker thing right. Think back 10-15 years ago and club had a run of Butler, Hector Sam, Trevor Benjamin, Tommy Mooney and then Macken battling in a very poor team gamely upfront on his own so again don’t really understand why they’ve gone away from that thinking.

You sign two like that and then you take a punt on a young lad who hasn’t played much like Osei Yaw or Scrimshaw.

How refreshing to see both Forest green and tranmere discarding their managers late in the season, to give themselves a better chance in the play offs, and neither of them get to the final! Add in Salford getting rid of theirs to further their ambitions, and then completely missing out, and perhaps it hasn’t been such a bad season overall?

11 Likes

Oh, even better…only just read this, but interim manager at Forest Green, Jimmy Ball, says he wants to continue “the project”, and he had this to say after yesterday’s game;

“But when you ask men to go to the well and to bare their souls and give everything they’ve got and they do, it’s an incredible feeling”.

This is straight out of the Brian Dutton coaching manual!! Men! He said it more than once in his interview as well! Men! Where DO they get these people?

Clarke’s football thesaurus.

1 Like

That’s exactly the type of “care” I speak of when I talk about what we owe Brian Dutton.

He was unready and we over promoted him. We exposed him when he was under developed. It would be good if we gave him a coach (not a football one) for a couple of months to review what he did and said during his five months and how he could reflect and be better next time. A good coach could take those 20 after match interviews and do something great with them as they reveal so much.

3 Likes

Just shows how ■■■■ Pomlett and Gamble were when conducting his mock interview.

1 Like
1 Like

https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/sport/football/morecambe-show-success-can-be-achieved-on-a-shoestring-compared-to-the-rest-3248136

1 Like

Correct it doesn’t always come down to budget. consistency and a squad turnover of maybe 3 or 4 players each summer helps. Hopefully we can now achieve stability with the Correct management from top to bottom. I feel management wise Pomlett > Fullarton > Mcdonald > Taylor it’s the best position we have been in for a while.

2 Likes

Agreed.Some folk put to much emphasis on the playing budget. Ours was one of the lowest when Graydon was appointed and it was certainly one of the lowest when we managed to stay in the Championship for 3 years. It certainly helps if you can compete on a level playing field however and if we have got the management team right we should do well this coming season.

Yes but how many clubs actually have success on a small budget? correct me if I’m wrong but Morecambe do not have a glowing history of success.

Same as Walsall, that model brings you success maybe once decade, it’s a percentage theory. Literally everything has to fall into place.

1 Like