Lee Tomlin

Yep. That neckbeard…

1 Like

Post seems to have gone x

Does it not expire after 24 hours?

It does.

Some Cardiff chavites seem to regard him as the KFC king. If he can help us to the 12 points we probably need, I’m unconcerned

Does he like scratchings

1 Like

Explains why the Alfie Bates transfer seemed to come from nowhere

1 Like

Tired of the stale old comparisons, fair play to the board for trying to get this one over the line. Look at the difference Hoolahan has made at Cambridge, same comparisons could be made at him. This one may not come off but it’s worth the ambition to at least try.

5 Likes

A short term deal in this instance would make complete sense. The trouble is he’ll probably do well, move on elsewhere and then the usual will moan that he wasn’t offered a long term deal

Seems like a real likeable guy aswell

1 Like

I agree that it is a worthwhile signing, but let’s not confuse it with “ambition”. It’s the end of February and hardly anybody is available to sign.
Ambition is for January, by Feb 25th it’s desperation. I hope the signing works, but if it does let’s not rewrite the script and call it a masterstroke by the :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: behind the scenes.

2 Likes

“Lee…welcome to Walsall…Mandy must be delighted to see you in the canteen?”

“Not gonna lie,she’s happy…said Lee she said…sick of mixing huel for these wimps…gotta man to cook for now”

Lee…back to the football…what did the manager say to convince you to come to the saddlers?""

“Boss is talking up Mandy in the press…4 days later…big Lee pops up…coincidence?”

“Real importance of back room staff there Lee”

“Lee…for those saddlers fans watching…take us inside the deal…this has happened fast…talk us through it”

“Its simple really…I’m in Dubai…get fit…back to Leicester…training in Wrexham…every day in the car…ball ache…Hats gets job up here…says lets meet in Gloucestershire…why i said??..Mandy’s in essington…lets talk there…i walk in…full English under the hot lamps…Mandy puts the toast on…thats gonna be fresh…little things in football…mug of tea…mug says LEE on it…her lads called Lee and she’s brought it in from home…i signed there and then.”

“Lee…a real insight there…game tomorrow…hoping to be involved?”

“Mandy’s done a shepherd’s pie for post match,so yeah I’m desperate”

11 Likes

I like the new regime, moving on some deadwood to bring in a player who could potentially make a difference.

Joe Edwards has just confirmed the deal has been done.

“Walsall boss Michael Flynn has confirmed to us that they’ve signed Lee Tomlin on a deal until the end of the season. Flynn just doing his presser now. Hopes Tomlin can play a part against Hartlepool tomorrow. #Saddlers

12 Likes

Brilliant/awful signing that is!

Tomlin bring lots of experience/fitness issues and will undoubtably improve/damage our team and bring much needed creativity/pies.

Well done/ your a disgrace walsall!

Let’s see which way this goes eh!

16 Likes

Sounds like the #10 we have been needing all season.
Hope he’s fit enough.

P.S. love the way Flynn doesn’t wait for the ‘official’ club announcement via social media.

4 Likes

Yes a gamble but worth a punt - unfortunately Osadebe, apart from the occasional sign of promise such as his ball in for Miller to score last Saturday, seems to lack the footballing intelligence to do the right thing at the right time. it might not work out but what do we have to lose?

3 Likes

Oops didn’t see Longs post :laughing:

3 Likes

Absolutely quality signing if he can be anything 80% or above what we know he can be. Nice to sign someone we’ve heard of for a change too tbh :joy:

This should see The Oss done for a while. Fingers crossed he can stay fit.

1 Like