Lee Tomlin

That’s what I’m thinking

As an attacking midfielder, does that mean he could be playing in place of Oss on Saturday?

2 Likes

We can hope :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

According to Wales Online, it appears that Wrexham were interested in him when he trained there earlier this month but they couldn’t agree a deal. Would he be settling for less to come to us or have we outbid Hollywood?

We aint got him yet !

If he’s been training with us we must have some idea of his fitness so I would trust Flynn on this.

1 Like

The E&S say we’re “close” to signing him …

And as he also trained with Wrexham and they were prepared to start talking a deal, you’d assume they thought he was worth a punt.

1 Like

I guess if only till end of the season / pay and play deal, it could be worth the risk if the goal is for him to help keep us up. We can then say thanks but no thanks if it doesnt work out or if it does and we stay up with him having done well to attract better interest from elsewhere then that’s fine.

I get the Guthrie, ward, jarvis thoughts but the likes of guthrie were a year deal wasn’t it so a bit different and more commitment from us time wise and financially.

2 Likes

BTW I’m trusting you lot that it is Lee and not Lily Tomlin we’re trying to sign. …

1 Like

Been a top player at other clubs… it depends if he can still do it. If he can he is a very welcome addition in my opinion.

Lily would be good from 9 to 5. We would only need Lee to be good from 3 to 5 (Saturdays) and the occasional 2 hour midweek slot.

6 Likes

Maybe we just matched there terms,he’s based in Leicester so we’re a easier option really.

I think you would be right if we signed him in July and trumpeted him as one of our main signings. But in February, when nobody else is really available, I think he’s worth a punt. If he fails we aren’t a lot worse off*, and to be counted as a success he wouldn’t need to do that much. If he could be slightly better than Osadebe, we’d consider him at least a partial success, and if his fitness is anywhere near, he has to be better than Osadebe, surely.
I know Guthrie has left us a bit wary, but we’ve nadged up the recruitment in too many recent transfer windows, and this is where we are, scratting around for quality with the market closed.

*I’m assuming we won’t be paying him a small fortune, but you never know with us. :roll_eyes: :laughing:

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/NewsSaddlers/status/1496832418522845190?s=20&t=Za4yB86aMDVXQNVcNu3pzg

If he comes and manages to add even the tiniest bit of attacking quality - heck even just create that fleeting moment when you hope something may happen - then I’m all for it.

Even if he’s fat and leaves at the end of the season, probably worth a punt.

You watch Vale sign him now.

3 Likes

Definitely worth a contract until the end of the season.

As long as the club don’t start calling him ‘The General’, when he’s just generally unfit and past it.

2 Likes

We do seem to like signing midfield players but this looks a decent call. He has scored better than 1 in 5 throughout his career. Doubt he will be match fit for Saturday but potentially a useful addition.

1 Like

He could be the next Guthrie ( still thought he was the best technical midfielder in leg 2 just couldn’t be arsed ) or Martin
Or he could be an Adam chambers or a hoolahan
Undoubtedly more talented than anyone in our squad and would keep oss out the team
Worth a go for me

6 Likes

Chambers is probably better than oss now lol

2 Likes