Leicester match

I wonder how many Dingle or Vile fans have got tickets, seeing as how their clubs will not have a game on 4th Round day?

1 Like

In all likelyhood ull be sitting next to a villa or wolves fan because of the idiot at the club who designed this stupid scheme. U might not think that’s a disaster but many fans who can’t go will be rightly peeved

give us some examples

Someone I know. Attended one walsall game. Bought 6 tickets for villa mates who fancied going

1 Like

It’s crap yes but we literally only get 4,500 home fans a week in week out. The club just wanted money in the door and went for the opportunity.

5 Likes

Just in case of confusion , my season ticket holder mate has just got his ticket over the phone .

1 Like

I’d dispute there are “hundreds of genuine fans” who will have been unable to attend because of the ticketing policy.

Some? definitely. Hundreds? I doubt it.

9 Likes

Bloody sell out crowds, traffic chaos, parking nightmare, endless queues, can’t spread out in the normal 4 or 5 vacant seats around me. Much rather we went out in the 1st round in all honesty :smiley:

5 Likes

I wonder if this will make Trivela consider work on the stadium. The (at one time) planned two tier stand for away fans would have allowed Leicester to bring 4000 fans and us to have three full sides of the ground. If they really want us to have more big days like this it must be worth considering.

Accept your point but even one loyal fan whos stood watching some of the stuff we’ve served up who now can’t go at the expense of people going who are not really bothered and a supporter of another club. That’s wrong in my view. Very shabby treatment

@blakenallsaddler you still after a ticket mate

Even early doors at Bescot the ST books used to have cup game vouchers.

3 Likes

They still do in effect - except that now the “voucher” is a marker on the electronic record that club has on you. That’s how ST holders have had priority and reserved seats this time because they know who is and who isn’t one without you having to show them a slip of paper.

2 Likes

But a voucher/marker scheme for people without STs who come to the Swindon game would have been a good idea to boost the gate for that game too.

1 Like

No doubt they went too far early on the ‘buy as many as you like’ approach and it’s a bit of an avoidable mess, but I don’t buy this ‘hundreds of genuine die hards can’t go now’ stuff

I haven’t had a season ticket this time for various reasons, but I’ve been to a few games this season, including Stockport in the 3rd round. I logged on at 9am and got a ticket for me and my mate, no problem. Low availability but still plenty to choose from.

If you qualify as a ‘die hard’, you’ll surely have managed one game this season, which is all you needed. And there was still availability until mid-afternoon

That said, they’ve missed a trick not linking up with a league game, which could have helped mitigate against non-fans, or made more out of them

6 Likes

Let’s face it. The majority of ‘proper’ fans and the regulars, i.e The Season Ticket Holders, will have got tickets. The keyboard supporters might have missed out. Unlucky.

100%, never going to be a perfect process given it’s a once in a few years (at best!) opportunity to pack the stadium, but to make out this is a disaster when we’re in the 4th round and plenty of unexpected £ in the bank, is ridiculous.

I’d argue that this is not as big and glamorous as Chelsea, Man Utd away, Wembley etc., some frustration is understandable, but attacking the club in the way some are seems way OTT.

7 Likes

Definitely stupid unlimited tickets and stupid not to issue vouchers for pre Fa cup matches. Nearly as stupid has letting Leicester have that amount of tickets. But no where as stupid if the figure of 50k for Dj offered is true. Him and Williams got us double that in the last round.

Some on here are hell bent on attacking the club at all costs. It’s fine to criticise poor decisions but for some the current administration will never ever do a thing right, regardless of what they do. Because they aren’t the oh-so-perfect previous administration…

5 Likes

Need a bigger ground don’t we?!

2 Likes