Leicester match

Sold out the home end I believe. Preston didn’t bring many.

2 Likes

It was sold out because the tickets available at that time had sold out, and the club had no way of knowing which STH seats would be available, if any, hence the ‘sold out’ announcement. Once the STH deadline passed the club knew they had some ‘returns’ they could onsell, which they did. As others have said in other places, these ‘returns’ probably include staff/players complimentary tickets that weren’t taken up, hence the availability of whole rows in places.

I’d like to thank those players and staff that didn’t take up their allocation - well done on giving them back to the fans! When was the last time there was any kerfuffle over comp tickets being sold on for personal gain?

1 Like

I personally don’t agree with this as potentially I could buy a ticket for my husband who is a Wolves Season Ticket holder and a Walsall fan could miss out. I would always stick to one per person.

2 Likes

Firstly what are you doing in that relationship…

14 Likes

In that situation it’s down to the St holders discretion and in some cases why not use the +1 . My +1 went to a Walsall supporter who goes to a few games a season. For me it’s the second part of the allocation they got wrong although you don’t want to prevent families from attending because the allocation is to small

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/st-johnstone-chairman-accepts-certain-criticisms-over-rangers-ticket-row-as-fans-prepare-to-boycott-3991982

Perhaps we should count our blessings this didn’t happen :grimacing:

1 Like

Pure greed over their own fans feelings

Well done to the St Johnston fans for boycotting, apparently only 300 odd SJ fans went to the game and the other 3 sides were packed with Rangers. Disgusting exploitation from the club and imagine the damage done to relationship between fans and club will take some time to heal. OK they’ve made a short term financial killing from having 3 sides of the ground filled with Rangers fans paying over the odds, but at what cost in terms of future home support?

1 Like

I’m assuming the coincidence between the last cup victory over Leicester and next weeks tie is not lost on UTSers of an older disposition …

10 Likes

A 1-0 win is written in the stars then, an in-off goal via White’s left buttock in the 45th minute.

1 Like

Wonder what the odds are of Evans scoring the only goal of the game again?

7 Likes

I know he has been a season ticket holder for 43 years, before I even met him. I’m pleased to say our two children are both Saddlers.

8 Likes

That’s fair enough if it is a Walsall fan it goes to but it isn’t always the case.

1 Like

They will indeed be eternally grateful to their mother for putting her foot down when that conversation arose.

3 Likes

Beat me to it :grin:

1 Like

I think that 1978 was also Lineker’s first season as a Leicester City pro. He didn’t feature but hopefully, come next Saturday, on MoTD, memories will come flooding back to him.

Wonder how many going are actually Walsall fans?
I know 3 West Brom fans and 3 villa fans are going with there 1 Walsall mate who I work with

Tis on the red button aye it

#lumpon

Nice work Cats

1 Like

Forgot that overpaid, virtue signalling, hypocritical t#%# was a Leicester fan and ex player. Now I really want to turn them over.

2 Likes