Leicester match

Cheers for the heads up.

As RB1 isn’t shown on the channel list and schedules in the BBC iPlayer (well not on my smart TV or Virgin box anyway) how did you find the Villa live stream on there? Is there a trick that people will need to know ro watch our game that way?

As someone else has also pointed out to me, Virgin are still showing that.slot on RB1 as being women’s rugby (as the BBC originally announced when they released the schedule for next Saturday). It’s not uncommon for Virgin not to correct every later change to the listings so if they don’t put it right you’ll have to watch/remind/record our game under the programme they think is still on.

The gaffer isn’t happy according to this article in the Sunday Mirror.

MI CHAEL FLYNN has described Walsall’s failure to land a mainstream TV slot for Saturday’s FA Cup tie against Leicester as “a kick in the teeth for the lower leagues”.

The BBC and rivals ITV have snubbed the Black Country side’s lunchtime clash and Flynn (above) is not happy – not just on League Two Walsall’s behalf, but for the rest of the pyramid below the top two divisions.

He said: “The fact our game’s not on mainstream UK television is a disgrace. Basically, what they’re saying is that they’re not interested in the lower leagues. They’re just interested in what will generate the highest viewing figures.

“That’s not what the FA Cup is about – the FA Cup is about dreams coming true. This will be the biggest game some of my players will ever play in. It’s a kick-in-the-teeth for the lower leagues.

“Now, they might say, ‘We’re showing Wrexham’, and I get that. But don’t tell me that Walsall v Leicester City isn’t a worthy tie.

“Manchester United against Reading. Really? Manchester City v Chelsea? I get it, 100 percent.

“This is different. I’ve got history with Leicester – we knocked them out with Newport – and it’s Walsall’s first crack at round four since 2016.

“I think it’s a disgrace.”

19 Likes

Just in case anyone needs a ticket for this game I have been offered a single ticket for the middle tier from a ST holder, let me know if anyone requires.

1 Like

Spot on Gaffer and well said.The magic of the fa cup and the stories of lower league teams being able to build stands and lay car parks off the proceeds of a glamour tie are over and replaced with even more money for premier league sides.If and when the FA Cup falls off the map in the world of football it’ll all be down to the TV companies.

1 Like

Just typical of the medias anti-EFL anti-Midlands position

On iplayer, search for sports and it should come ip as a live option about 5 minutes pre kickoff

1 Like

Thank god for the red button, my dad and I couldn’t get a ticket at all. He was a ST holder last year, I’ve been to a couple of games this year but always via work so didn’t make me eligible for booking history. Massive pain in the ass, but BBC has come through in my time of need!

If you still want to go, I noticed quite a few people selling unwanted tickets on various Walsall pages on Facebook when I popped on this morning. Not scammers either, be ware of those, they are usually very obvious. Not from Walsall for a start.

Still may be a long shot, but worth keeping your eye on if you still wanted tickets.

1 Like

Worth every penny of that BBC licence fee you’ve been paying for years.

I worry for our match fitness

We potentially go into this with a really weak team :man_facepalming:

Hopefully the pitch should be ok weather seems to be a little milder

1 Like

I remember being so disappointed when Stan Bennett missed the Newcastle game, but John Saunders stepped in at centre half and was mossive.
The way I see it there’s a chance for a Walsall player to become a legend, whoever they are and whatever they have done before.
So I reckon McEntee will have the game of his life to keep their strikers quiet and DJT will score the winner. You read it here first. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Let’s put a positive spin on this folks. If this cold snap persists, the pitch will still be frozen on Sat. We might then get main stream coverage on TV when the game is played, Manny might then be out of his suspension, DT might return on the last day of the transfer window, and we might also have a couple of new signings as well!
Ah well, cloud cuckoo land maybe, but all this negativity is doing my head in!

2 Likes

That should read: ‘DJ’ by the way.

Or it is on Freeview Channel 601, live from 12.20 onwards, which is easier

1 Like

I’m glad it’s on TV now - though I would have loved to have been there.

2 Likes

I’m worried about our starting 11
No DJ no Manny no Matt
Williams and DJT ? :flushed: against premier league team ?
I’m worried we could get smashed

1 Like

Or Knowles and Wilko with Willmott at RWB…

1 Like

I wanted to see Manny eat Vardy alive too :rage:.

1 Like