Leigh Pomlett - a credit to the town and club

Me?! I think it’s cool that he helped acorns out! I said so. It’s not my fault that some posters can’t wrap their heads around the royal we and the obvious fact that our chairman has final say so on players we sign.

1 Like

Dude, “we” is Pomlett. He makes the decisions. He signs the players (Yes, that DC asks for, hence his original “quote”). He decides the budget. Of course he sits in on negotiations! What person outside of a massive company doesn’t sit in on negotiation when they are about to pay somebody hundreds of thousands of pounds for a contract! Obviously. This isn’t football manager mate! They don’t just say “here’s 100 million to go and spend on whoever you want with no interference from us” you know? Here’s a quote for you:

If you’d read that properly you’d have saved yourself all that typing. You said yourself you were being pedantic and you weren’t wrong.

I’m not denying he might have said we instead of I. It makes zero ■■■■■■■ difference to the point he was making. Bloody hell. People say talking to me is like smacking your head against a wall!

Argument

4 Likes

Because you keep picking them up on the slightest nuance in misreading something you’ve said - whereas I’m responding to you giving misquotations and blatant misrepresentation of my of point of view in order to bolster your attempt to denigrate it.

Anyway, let’s not use a public forum to keep debating this and annoy other users - if you want to keep telling me that LP is solely responsible for all our signings** (rather than just setting the financial parameters that others have to work within) then please feel free to PM me instead.

** Before you say it, yes I know you haven’t actually said this anywhere - just like I never said that LP wasn’t in charge of the money that is spent on the playing side but you still insinuated that was what I was saying!! :shushing_face:

1 Like

But the obvious point is that you have brought the completely unrelated subject of playing budget, (with the critical angle that Pomlett needs to pull his finger out in January), into a topic which was about the club, under LP’s directive, doing some excellent work in the community, re-connecting and showing itself in a very positive light as well as contributing some very practical help to a very worthy institution. There is literally nothing negative anyone could dream up on that front, but in mentioning the playing budget you have incredibly turned the thread into another argument. If you’re that bothered about what happens in January, and have an opinion on what Pomlett should be doing on that front, why don’t you start a thread about it and air your views? I’m sure nobody would go on it and say, “ahh well Pomlett doesn’t need to provide funds for team-building in Jan, because he’s spearheading some excellent community work” because that would be ridiculous and unrelated to the thread wouldn’t it??

4 Likes

You responded to me so if you really are that bothered you PM me, instead of talking absolute nonsense here to misrepresent your own opinion or whatever the ■■■■ you are doing. Bizzare.

It’s not unrelated at all. Leigh Pomlett is the relation. Cool he’s doing charity work. Hope he does better in Jan than we have in the summer though. Not sure why that has rustled so many jimmies.

Still, nice bit of pub if you can get it.

Quoted before you soften it with more tripe. Bizarre.

Nah just fixed the typo :ok_hand:

Please make this all stop @AndyWTaylor because ONLY you can stop this!

I’m getting another of what’s becoming known as an el-nombre headache coming on :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

This was the initial harmless post. Doesn’t look like AWT is the one getting his panties in a twist. :woman_shrugging:

The blokes literally just admitted he was wilfully trolling to make me point it out :joy:

Top stuff that.

So if I took it upon myself to do some unpaid charity work it would be reasonable for someone to say about me “well that’s all well and good, but you failed to deliver one of your parcels today, you could have left it with a neighbour, lets hope you manage to deliver it tomorrow”, the common denominator being me?? Strange little world we would all be living in.

1 Like

I mean, you are not a public figure as far as I’m aware so I’m not sure the scenario is the same to be honest. And let’s be fair the customer, the guy you failed to deliver it too, probably doesn’t give a ■■■■ what charity work you do to be honest, he just wants his parcel.

From small charity work with Acorns, doth great arguments grow.
:grin:

7 Likes

Two people can start an argument, but it needs tree fellers for a really good one.

1 Like

Another thread muted :frowning:

In which case he should have been ■■■■■■■ in!

I said “someone”, ie. an observer, as we are on here, not the actual person, but then again, words only have nominal value when a thread gets El Nombre’d.

That’s my point, we ARE the customers. That’s why it’s not a fair scenario.

But yep, cling to that nonsense when your point loses all meaning :ok_hand:

Right I’m with you now. I’ve just been on the official site to get the phone number for the ticket office so I could order my Oldham tickets. I noticed a couple of positive stories on there. One said the club were backing the NSPCC parents in sport week with some quotes from Liam Kinsella, as a paying fan (customer) that’s all well and good I thought to myself, but what about the transfer budget and making some signings in January, and more to the point Kinsella how about doing some talking on the pitch??

Then there was the story about James Clarke winning EFL player of the month, Pah!! All in the past. What’s that got to do with the transfer budget and what we’ll do in January, frivolous individual awards and national recognition mean nothing if we don’t get things right in January.

Then, being the customer I am, I rang the ticket office and received the usual polite and efficient treatment, but I came away with a horrible bittersweet feeling. If only as a customer, the girl on the phone could have assured me that my £37 quid would go directly into the improved January budget instead of just doing her job well, I mean what’s that all about?

We deserve so much better from this shambles of a club.

11 Likes