Leigh Pomlett

Well, the rumour has always been that Bescot can be converted into a warehouse.

I’m all too naive when it comes to Directorships. So forgive the possibly stupid questions, but:

Will these all be paid roles he’s resigned from?

And if so, do we imagine his WFC salary, dividend, remuneration, whatever, will go up to compensate?

We don’t know the answers to those questions. My guess is that some of the directorships would be unpaid roles but some would be remunerated. As for his role in Walsall FC we will have to wait and see whether he accepts a salary for his role.

1 Like

Companies House link

The above link, is to publicly available infomation on the Companies House website. There are documents filed that show the legal resignation from the Board of Directors of Jeffrey and Robert Bonser.

Reading between the lines I believe that other documents on there also point to the fact that the Bonsers’ only remaining stake in the club is via the Landlordship of the freehold.

So to the conspiracy theorists, it doesn’t appear that Bonser has any say in the running of the club any more; only an indirect say in the rent.

11 Likes

Another update from the Chairman. :clap:

Interesting listen…

3 Likes

Yes especially about his directorships. Shows how often the press get it wrong.

2 Likes

He looks knackered already!

1 Like

Well ill say fair play too that man 1000%, No chairman in any league and comes out saying those things,

Great too hear OUR chairman admit its ■■■■ we shouldnt be there and he will all he can too turn around.

Hes got faith DC which most of us have lost, So i guess it goes back too belief that LP and DC know what there going and we believe this dream too become more stable will happen.

Shame he slated the fans and didnt praise for the followings they have had home and away but ill take what he said and move on and hope the team and DC do too and start becoming something we ALL as a club/fans/players/board can be proud of!

2 Likes

He did praise fans in his video a few weeks ago but I dont understand the slating bit… there were a few at Swindon chanting “we’re ■■■■ and we know we are” but that’s more cynicism.

I’ve seen a few ask for resignation of board members but I havent seen or heard any abuse so far this season.

1 Like

Good Interview, glad he’s mentioned the ridiculous abuse some get.

1 Like

I think hes getting abuse mixed up with frustration! Other than Swindon and the “bonser would of sacked” and “Were ■■■■■■■ ■■■■” and a few boo’s there has been no “abuse”…But like he says that all comes with a club doing so poor and we are not the only club where this happens that football, He knows that will change when we pick up points, Does he honestly think people who got soaking wet at Swindon or mansfield are home where happy about it? No so they gave a few boo’s that should push them boys too prove us all wrong not be classed as abuse. Thats my view but no matter what there is still a “hardcore” bunch who never give up and week after week of this atm is in my eyes deffo worthy of a boo, Seems the boo’s and “songs” have been noticed and heard by the club tho i just hope its a kick up there arse not a chip on there back…

1 Like

I don’t think it’s so much what is coming out in games in terms of booing, more the much more - shall we say “nasty” - things that have been directed towards certain players. A bit at games but more so on social media etc (even including this site). Liddle and Holden in particular have had a fair amount of abuse slung their way.

Even if you do think any of this squad are the the worst player(s) to put on a Walsall shirt, there are ways to express that opinion without getting nasty about it - ask Andy Cook!

3 Likes

I still dont see how booing a player and stuff after such poor performances warrant being called “abuse” but i guess i dont hear or see it all but thats just my opinion. Criticism comes in all jobs and walks of life surely its makes you better at your job or what ever when you strive too prove said remarks wrong?

1 Like

Booing at the end of a game is not abuse and has been going on for decades. If people want to register their displeasure at a performance it is the best way to show it. It often happens sometimes directed at the referee!!!

3 Likes

WFHYS…

Case closed.

3 Likes

I’ll never, for a moment, pretend that abuse is ok.

But it’s a little naive to not expect it considering our performances, and even more naive to think saying anything about it here will make those people stroke their chin and go “hmm Mr Pomlett has a point! I’ll stop being a troll”. Certain fans will completely pretend it doesn’t happen, never mind accept any responsibility for it.

There isn’t a public figure in the world who doesn’t get abuse on Twitter or so on. To be honest, if you are putting too much stock into what any of the pond life that likes to abuse people like that has to say then you have a mentality issue as a sportsman.

1 Like

How much does a camera that records sound in stereo cost? Maybe we can have a whip round for the club

3 Likes

I’ve never been a fan of booing, especially directed towards the players.
The only time it’s warranted if players are not trying. From what I’ve seen this season everyone who has worn the shirt has put a good shift in, some of them are rubbish but work ethic is not one of the issues at the moment.

If the board to the right thing and give DC the necessary funds to sign a couple of quality payers in January, we will be alright. Should that not happen, it will speak volumes about the intent and ambition of the board to keep us in this division.

4 Likes

Fair play for doing the interview but I dont really see to much in it but it is good to speak to the fans, I have not seen that much personal abuse to the players just after match booing type stuff but it is not going to help in my opinion the type of interviews/rants the manager gives after games you cant moan at fans when the manager is saying that players need to man up etc. Like the way MPs are behaving for some people it will ligimise personal if they see the manager doing the same.
Another thing I think he could of mentioned was the whole matchday experience and what we are going to do about that but perhaps that can be brought up at the next meet the chairman evening
If I was a cynic you could say the whole point of the interview was to tell the express and star they was wrong but I am not a cynic so I won’t :slight_smile:

Just remember he is one of JB’s board of directors. Just like any MP. They will tell you what you want to believe. Trust me, living in Tenerife is so much warmer this time of the year than Cyprus !!