Leigh Pomlett

He said he was the chairman of another company down south ,I know it’s irrelevant but what company, any one know ?,And stepping back from his roles in other companies what or how will this help the club?,Think our new chairman is great for the club and trying his best ,I just hope bonzo isn’t in the back ground pulling the strings.

The fact he’s even talking like this to let us know what’s going on is a million miles better than that pray Bonser.

10 Likes

AndyWTaylor has hit the nail on the head.
After taking over Pomlett mentioned the abuse on social media he’d been told of towards a lot of the squad last season. He wanted it to stop.
With the recent winless run there’s been some of the same on Facebook and more so Twitter.
Nothing wrong with booing at the end of games. It’s a way to show our frustration.
But there’s been some out of order stuff posted on Twitter recently by fans ■■■■■■ up after the game and taking their annoyance out on players and club staff.
After last game there was a doctored video showing DC fellating an animal. And because Mole is no longer on Twitter his wife was messaged directly telling her to tell Mole he’s useless and should be sacked.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this kind of stuff is making its way back to Pomlett.

3 Likes

Whilst our team have been poor this season they have mostly given there all. A lack of quality is down to the budget maybe and Clarkes signings maybe.
We are all entitled to voice our dismay about players and staff but personal abuse will not help get us out of this mess we are in.

3 Likes

it probably is and as much as we all can have a moan on here or social media personal and direct attacks on anyone at the club be it players or staff are out of order something ive never agreed with and find in very bad taste.

6 Likes

I’m going to be a little bit old school here regarding what I regard as all this social media bollox. It literally doesn’t matter unless it then manifests into something “real” and by that I mean something that has tangible consequences in real life. If 200 idiots call Andy Cook fat it doesn’t mean to say he is, it doesn’t mean to say he’s a crap footballer, and when he goes out on the pitch and scores a goal (like he did against us t’other week) and makes the belly sign infront of the Homeserve, is that not the most satisfying moment in thicko from Bishop Aukland’s Andy’s season, or even his life? I mean what else is he going to do if he wasn’t a footballer, be a leading light on the physical consistency of horse ■■■■? Give it (as he has done soooo many times) take it (which he apparently can’t) then give it back when it suits him. Sometime’s when someone is an idiot, its ok to call them a idiot, because their behaviour consistently points to the fact that that’s exactly what they are and that’s what they should be judged by. Andy Cook’s behaviour consistently over many seasons playing for many different clubs displays that he loves being quite aggressive and winding people up, but he can’t take anything back…idiot? I would say so.

The flip-side of this by the way, which amuses me even more. I’m on a pretty low wage as a delivery driver, last week I was informed by some regular customers that someone had gone on a public facebook group and accussed someone resembling me of stealing a parcel, to the untrained eye it was me all day long…but it so happened alleged theft (which wasn’t a theft by the way it was just a ■■■■ up) occurred on a day when I wasn’t at work ie. a Sunday. Last week I had another parcel for this idiot and asked to have a word with them in a most civilised manner as to why they had taken to social media and made ridiculous accusations instead of going through proper channels of inquiry, said person literally ran away it was pathetic, social media isn’t worth anything unless it crosses over into reality, and people need to get a grip of reality.

6 Likes

This is what I mean when I say fans can’t take any responsibility.

I’m not saying it’s right, but when people abuse, say, Gary Liddle for example it’s not nice. But at the end of the day his performances have been poor. Drive him out of the club and we’ve lost nothing.

But going online to call your top scorer, and in my opinion, best player and a guy your new manager specifically wants to keep a fat ■■■■ repeatedly to the point where he goes somewhere else for a fresh start and probably more money then I beg to differ who the idiot is in that scenario.

2 Likes

Christ not this again :sleeping:

Whilst I don’t condone the tweet you need to put some perspective on it. Do you know what fellating means? If not I suggest you check because the GIF wasn’t nothing of the sort and what you are suggesting is libel.

The GIF was in relation to a tweet saying something about Darrell Clarke, which has been a common saying for seven years (there’s even a Twitter account about it). Even Clarke has laughed the said saying off in the past.

It’s also bricks and glass houses with Cook , the bloke spent most the season shouting and moaning at his team mates.

It’s all excuses in my eyes.

3 Likes

As a professional footballer surely it is their ambition is to play at a high a level possible, if they cant handle the pressure at a club like Walsall they have got no chance at a club higher up the leagues, look at the stick the Arsenal captain was getting the other day.
With Cook I genuinely think he used the stick he was getting as an excuse for leaving the club.
It is wrong though to contact someones family member if that is what happened with Dan Mole

2 Likes

I can honestly say I couldn’t care less about Cook and his feelings. I didn’t abuse him (at games or online) but used to get very frustrated with his whole demeanour when moaning at team mates etc last season. Yes he scored a lot of goals and more than likely would have done so again this season, but he came across as a ■■■■, didn’t want to be here (don’t want to to into the reasons) so let him go. No players is bigger than the club.

So when the “more money” offer was wafted under his hooter, he’d have stayed if the Walsall fans had been ever so lovely to him (which we were for 90% of his time by the way) yeah right, just like he stayed at Tranmere where he was loved unconditionally apparently, yet remarkably turned down their contract to join “massive club” Walsall.

3 Likes

Great “sports coverage” in the E and S today. Popped on the website to see if there’s any mention of build up to Saturday, and our headline story is about some ex youth team player that I’ve never heard of that’s got 10 years for drug dealing, bravo, who said the magic of the cup was dead!

Apparently this is the second time Walsall FC’s name has been associated with this scumbag and his criminal activity. Might be better if the E and S asked the question as to how he was even out there to run his drug business given that he was given 6 years for armed robbery in 2012!!! What the hell has this got to do with Walsall FC?

3 Likes

That’s slightly different to Joe Bloggs giving you direct abuse personally.

Did you watch us last season, no wonder he was getting frustrated with his team mates.

Who knows. It definitely helped make his mind up though.

I mean, we offer less money than most clubs in League One so there must have been some other pull to playing here. His celebration told you all you need to know, don’t pretend it was all about money.

1 Like

So it’s ok to drive someone,(who in your opinion) who is not a very good player out of the club with online insults and bullying…but for someone (who in your opinion) is a good player,should be left alone because it’s wrong to insult and bully those online. That’s logical…:thinking::astonished:

No. I literally said it isn’t ok and I wouldn’t condone it. What I said is that a player performing poorly should probably expect it, not your top scorer. Thinking something is ok, and expecting something to happen are two very different things.

Nice try though.

That’s very generous of you,thank you! :grinning:

1 Like

So what if your top scorer goes on a run of say 6 games where he downs tools and completely non-performs? Should he be expecting any stick?? This is ridiculous, just accept that being a footballer on a few grand a week has its drawbacks, getting stick, abuse or whatever else you want to call it goes with the job. I’ve seen Alan Buckley giving it back to fans during a poor run when he was getting absolute pelters, seen him tear his shirt off v Exeter in the early 80’s and storm off. So what. precious little Andy Cook, who’s default goal celebration where-ever he’s been is to run to the opposition fans and give it some gesture or other is feeling a bit sensitive, ah-diddums. First time he celebrated a goal in front of our fans was when he scored against us! The bloke is an absolute tool.

8 Likes