Leigh Pomlett

Yes and believe it or not he was equally as ■■■■ in a number of those games lol

Probably fair. I never said he was awesome every game. But he did his fair share. There’s a reason Clarke still wanted him.

I never saw him down tools at all. And that celebration was CLEARLY pointed, not just his default go too.

It’s not ridiculous I just disagree with you. But you told me I was being ridiculous when I said I didn’t rate the Gaffney or Sadler signings so no tar, I’ll not “just accept” your point of view and I’ll form my own :+1:

1 Like

Think it was more the case that the problems with audio wasn’t realised until after the recording and they didn’t want to ask the ‘boss’ if they could re record because of the issues!
Would be a bit embarrsing for the poor lad!!!

MAybe they got jsut as ■■■■■■ of with him and his lazy useless work rate, Yeh he could Finnish but he was lazy and a bad egg in the group. Every one has a view on him and im sure hes a big enough lad too shrug it off, Cook isnt the matter here hes gone hes old news drop him and his bullshine, Were talking the now the real time. You play in a high pressure high viewed sport and fail you get criticised simple as that so might not be good some might be, Simple is man the ■■■■ up take it on the chin and make yourself better too prove them people wrong no moan and get down its a little way of an excuse of in certain terms, Abuse in not correct i agree but some people need too realise we live in a brutal and volatile world now you need a think skin in any job or walk or life…

How do you know we offer less? Where do you get some of these ‘claims’ from or you just chucking a wild guess at it…Cook is old news move on…

Because the figures have been released. Our budget was bottom end for League 1 last season and more like a league 2 budget :man_shrugging:

Unless I’ve got it wrong and you think we are spraying money at players?

As for your other post before I had the chance to even reply regarding dropping it because it’s old news A) I didn’t bring Cook up I was responded to somebody elses point and B) Cook might be old news but clearly Pomlett feels the abuse is still very much an issue.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention Pascal,I’m assuming that it’s all factual and you have the documentation to prove it,otherwise you would have left yourself open to being sued by that rascal Bonsers lawyers…,:woozy_face:

2 Likes

Woooooowww. Being a director of his sons restaurant. Shoot him!!!

3 Likes

noted

1 Like

It obviously doesn’t make it right, but I don’t think we can pretend this is a Walsall FC specific problem.

Cook was getting the exact same sort of criticism at the start of the season from some Mansfield fans and I’m sure that’s been the case where ever he has been before when he wasn’t performing.

On this subject, I was listening to a podcast this week with Kevin Campbell who said that during his time in Turkey with Trabzonspor, the fans would besiege the training after a bad result and not allow the players to go home. Is that right? No, obviously, but football culture across the globe has always, and will continue, to be a highly critical environment.

Social media is unfortunately the modern day medium of criticism, I’m sure the players from decades prior had to endure similar abuse to their face at the pub or in the ground itself. Moving club isn’t going to mean Cook will become immune from what he faced here, the only remedy to that is good performances, goals and plenty of effort. It’s always been that way, and will almost certainly carry on being so in the footballing world.

It doesn’t mean I agree with players getting personal stick on those platforms, or that it’s something I’d do myself, but it’s unfortunately almost impossible to stop.

1 Like

Do they do omelettes? I can see a marketing opportunity there.

5 Likes

I’m not pretending it is a problem specific to Walsall. I even said above there is a certain level of abuse they must expect and to be honest I have very little time for any of our players that are feeling a bit down about that this season. We’ve been dreadful.

But with Cook I find it utterly bizarre. To me it’s like cocking up at work. If your constantly cocking up left right and centre your probably going to cop some abuse sometime. But when you are the best performer in your team (and it’s not even close) you must be bemused if you still cop that flack and think sod this I’m off. Sometimes in my opinion it stepped way over the line last season.

As you say, Walsall isn’t the only club it happens at but there aren’t many clubs where the chairman has to address it twice in three months, supposedly after the main person copping the abuse has left. If we are looking at Turkish clubs and going “well we are not as bad as that” well it’s a pretty low bar.

But I’m not sure why I’m surprised fans can’t go “yeah, we probably didn’t help there”. Nothing new.

That’s the thing with Cook, there was hardly any abuse until the end of the season and his ‘reaction’ at Accrington. In-fact, at Doncaster and Sunderland away just a matter of weeks prior to that game the away supporters were loudly singing his name as he warmed up and he was only too happy to reply with applause. Any one of our players could have reacted like he did that day at Accrington, even O’Connor said they deserved it, but it was Cook who made it about him and then used it as a convenient excuse upon leaving the Club.

Also, I’m obviously not suggesting that anything goes ‘cos Turkey’, but using it as an example that football culture worldwide is unfortunately highly critical and the modern-day form of that criticism is now increasingly coming via social media.

I agree that it crosses the line on occasion, but there’s no real tangible way of stopping it, is there? I’d actually say that Pomlett addressing the issue is probably one of the most positive and pro-active measures I’ve seen a Chairman take anywhere in football. That doesn’t mean of course that it doesn’t occur elsewhere…

Sorry that just wasn’t true. Go on social media at any point last season it was full of it. Maybe that was the first time the crowd actually at a game got on his back but it had been happening all season. I remember him getting cheered off the pitch when substituted as early as Blackpool at home.

No. There isn’t. But that doesn’t mean the fans aren’t in the wrong at times.

Cook wanted a pay day that’s all there is to it, stop falling for this name calling ■■■■■■■■ it’s pathetic!

Ffs …

2 Likes

Was it really full of ‘abuse’? I don’t remember that being the case, there was definitely a spell where his fitness and ability to step up was being questioned (evidenced by Keates not picking him for a while) more than happy to be proven wrong on that one though… :+1:

And, I didn’t say that it hadn’t crossed the line at times last season.

To be fair, I searched Twitter to send you an example but all the threads that came up were goal clips and stats for his ratios :man_shrugging:

I’m sure if you googled “Andy Cook fat” you might have a bit of luck though.

I thought it was ‘full of it’ at ‘any point last season’? Genuinely though, happy to be proven wrong.

1 Like

Released where? I know our budget isnt gunna be great i dont try and 2nd guess it either…