Leyton Orient (A) 12th October, 3pm

Brisbane Rd is gonna be rockin!
Get your tickets now and get down there.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Great offer by Orient, fiver a ticket on an international weekend and they’ve got a sell out, would like us to do something similar next time we’re at home for the international break

Shame we haven’t sold out at this price and don’t think we will now but still a good following and hope we see a win

1 Like

Looks like it’ll be around 900, which is a fairly decent effort. Probably wouldn’t have been more than 250-300 without the offer.

Looking forward to it.

Living in Hertfordshire this is a match I go to, but not this time - helping family member move house. Miffed I’m missing it, especially at a fiver. Yet to see us win at Brisbane Road.

Just under 800 sold so far

Really hope we sell out, it’ll be a good atmosphere

Might I suggest @Welsh_Saddler appropriates this thread for the match thread…

They had less than 80 single seats left 3 days ago so should all be gone by now - just the 200 or so that we need to shift to make it a 9K capacity crowd.

Apparently this is the only EFL game in London on Saturday!

Excellent idea!!!

"With Orient colours waving"

(Milton)

A very brief preview - lots of information already posted, and it’s a hell of a week in the @Welsh_Saddler household (if I say “preparations for moving house” you’ll get the idea). Current League 2 form for our friends at Brisbane Road:-

Sep 7 Swindon Town (H) Lost 1-3
Sep 14 Exeter City (A) Drew 2-2
Sep 17 Crewe Alexandra (H) Lost 1-2
Sep 21 Colchester United (A) Lost 2-1
Sep 28 Port Vale (H) Drew 3-3
Oct 5 Northampton Town (A) Won 0-1

The O’s are currently 2 points behind ourselves, having scored twice as many League 2 goals … but they’ve conceded 21, which gives us a chance of possibly breaking our current run of ducks!

There’s a managerial connection between the clubs - Dean Smith was Assistant Manager to Martin Ling in the 2008/09 season before the parting of the ways. Ling is now Director of Football at Leyton Orient, and the interim head coach is Ross Embleton, following Justin Edinburgh’s untimely death in June at the age of only 49 years.

Prediction? Go on then - let’s carry on the 0-1 away win sequence, with a goal from the returning Rory Gaffney.

UTS

1 Like

Does anyone know if the club will send tickets to collect at orient ticket office? Have just arrived in London and realised 2 tickets on notice board in Hull. Feel very stupid. Will see if I can buy 2 more in the morning.

That’s the sort of thing I’d do ! I’d also contact Orient direct, and ask if they can reissue.

Moving back to Walsall Welsh…:grinning:?

Can you not get someone to send you photos of them with the barcodes? Did the same at Swindon a couple of years back - missus Whatsapp’d a photo of it to me, presented it to the ticket office who scanned it and reissued me a reprint.

1 Like

Staying in Kent from Manchester for the weekend so I’m there, plus one.

First visit to Brisbane Road, always one I’ve been meaning to tick off but it’s just never ended up happening for one reason or another. Looking forward to it. Anyone know of any good pubs in the vicinity?

1 Like

Next door neighbour has stuck them in post so hopefully arrive in time on Saturday.

1 Like

Largest playing surface in this division ( some 15% bigger than the BonsStad ) , so should suit our natural attacking style .

However past results do not support this fanciful notion.

1 Like

Never made it to Leyton Orient and doubt I will now. I did go on a coach in the mid sixties but the match was called off due to a water logged pitch (hope that doesn’t happen on Saturday). Coach dropped us off in Central London and me and some mates went to see Fulham v Southampton. The attraction there being a certain Allan Clarke who scored twice in a 4-2 win if I recall correctly.
Anyway hope those who go have a great day although I think it may be a 1-1 .

Nice to see you back in E10 again … the sooner we’re both back in the Third tier the better. We can’t defend and you can’t score so something has to give this Saturday. As it’s a fiver in it means the usual 4000 O’s will be supplemented by 3000 day trippers who will do nothing but talk about the Premier League and wonder which team are which.
But enough of the boring stuff … the real issue is where to drink. Leyton has changed somewhat recently with the Post Olympic boom … it’s now one of the in places to live. The Supporters Club is a victim of it’s own success … if you aren’t there by 12.30 you wont get a seat and by 1.30 you struggle to get served. The old away pub Coach & Horses is now STRICTLY home fans only if they let any football fans in at all … at 6 quid a pint and 15 quid for fish and chips they are more welcoming to the Tarquin and Clarissa’s who’ve moved into the area.
You’ll be allotted the Leyton Tech as your away pub … come out the station turn right and its 200 yards on the left … other pubs of note are The Leyton Star … left out the station and 200 yards down the road and the Birkbeck … left turn down the steps and follow the road for about a quarter of a mile.
Myself and the other Black Country O’s will be in the Northcote … right out the station then second right into Grove Green Road and a 300 yard walk.
All the pubs now though are starting to charge London prices so be prepared and enjoy yourselves …

19 Likes