Leyton Orient (A) - Mon 5th April, 3pm

Exactly what I’ve said. Regardless of anyone else’s opinion, DC has the final say.

2 Likes

I’m not causing arguments mate or trying to pull peoples chains but I think that’s completely believable in my opinion.

No they don’t.

Fans moan when its ■■■■, when its not they don’t, and its the same at all football clubs at all levels.

There seems to be this precious halo around Pomlett et al I personally couldn’t give a toss about Pomlett no more than I did about Ken Wheldon, Jack Harris, Terry Ramsden, Blower, Bonser or any of them. Its Walsall FC I’m bothered about.

5 Likes

But that’s just your opinion.

Overall fans were desperate and received a chairman who speaks finally. It has taken less than 2 years and already fans are crucifying him due to a comment he has said (granted it was a mistake to say what he did as he backed himself into a corner). Large portions however are already suggesting he is a let down or worse than the previous chairman. What happened to giving a bit of leeway and support when times are bad and seeing how things turn out over a bit of a longer period?

Honestly I wouldn’t blame Pomlett if he said I understand why Bonser rarely spoke and disappeared into the background.

5 Likes

Which in itself is the problem. Everyone saying that the problems at this football club are deeper than the playing squad or management, but win a few games, be in the top half and nobody says a word.

If people want genuine change, then you carry on with the moaning, questioning, protesting, whatever it is, all the way through.

1 Like

Disagree on Dutz… but i agree with that.

Myself included, im very simple… i know theres so many things off and on the pitch that need sorting… but at the end of a hard week, having dealt with my own work/ family/ life, i just want to see a good game and get 3 points. So if that happens, the off the field junk floats into the ether for a bit longer.

1 Like

And this is the same for many of us, which is the reason that when people talk of turning up to protest in their car, or getting it on the news, it will simply not happen or have no effect.

Crazy to think that is we still had adebayo and we’d have won 3/4 which he could have been the difference with people may be happy with what duttons doing.

If we still had Adebayo, we’d still have Clarke.

I think had Adebayo still been here we’d have picked up several wins over this last run. Add in a fully fit Holden and we’d have comfortably held onto to our spot at or near to the play-offs.

1 Like

Genuine change is winning some games, entertaining the fans, and most importantly being a football club first and foremost. It isn’t difficult or complicated.

1 Like

There is no point appointing Dutton full time if all is expected is 12th-16th finish ffs.

You appoint decent manager, one who has contacts to get in a decent striker from league above and that’s a start and then crack on to try to get in the top 7 which should’ve happened this season and of course wasn’t a million miles away in late January before it all went wrong.

To me appointing Dutton full time right away means next season is getting written off straight away for some inexplicable reason.

2 Likes

That’s not the genuine change that most people keep banging on about though.

Would look at Agyei.

Goal record given his minutes was decent here in what 17/18 and that was league one and he’s at Oxford not playing much so to me that’s sort of striker that must be targeted, striker who’s not playing much in league 1 but has scored goals when given the chance so potential to come down here and score 10-15. Still only 23 aswell.

Whether he’d want to come back, probably not but at least try for those types in the summer. Scored 4 goals for Oxford in limited time in league one this season so he should’ve been coming in January instead of Osei Yaw.

Appointing Dutton and then giving him more 18 years old from Oxford and Blues who’ve barely played a pro game would be complete and utter disaster strategy, the warning has been this season.

4 Likes

Well that’s up to them. But I would imagine in all seriosuness that anyone wanting genuine change at that level would want to see a proper takeover by actual new people.
Me I want to see a proper manager, backed prudently, and if I never hear the “owners” name mentioned again it will be too soon.

2 Likes

Still celebrating our latest 0-0 win with a couple of g&t’s on bank holiday Monday.
Another decent defensive display but never really looked liked scoring.
This league is absolutely rubbish. Anybody with a decent 12-15 goal striker which we don’t have can at least reach the play offs.
Another 3 or 4 nil nil draws and we remain a member of the football league.

But he won’t be doing the recruitment . That is part of the role of the DoF.

That’s what I mean, appointing DOF who can only get in freebie loans as happened this season would be utter disaster if Dutton is still head coach. He needs a bit of help with better quality attacking players.

I mean crowds WILL be back in next season in some form as will the entertainment at the Venue and the club made more money in January than they actually expected to so I don’t really see what the excuse will be.

Please get in a decent experienced striker, a midfielder who can score a goal or two and end the stupid freebie loans nonsense that has popped up in last few years as pretty much all those players have been s***.

Anything else and it’s just going to be another nothing season.

All through the post match discussion it’s been said that we need a couple of decent strikers.But realistically these would cost,No one gives away strikers.Our only hope is top class loans the likes of Tyler Roberts we need contacts at Premier league clubs to progress,Barnsley did it when they hammered us with other clubs players I think it’s the only way forward for us.

Not always so. Stevenage signed Luke Norris in January from Colchester (who were up near the play offs at the time). 3 goals in his last 4 for them.

Think of some of the Midlands born or based strikers that knock around this level. Can Jamill Matt not be tempted as he always seems to be playing for a Newport or Forest Green?

Start with that sort of player and then hopefully with a better season you then became more attractive in January window for better loans to join a promotion push.

16 goals for Forest Green this season so that type would make a huge difference in this set up.

1 Like

It’s certainly not good enough no wins in 13 . But I think I am in the camp of most on here now that as we should be safe this season no thanks to Brian Dutton though.
Not that he particularly deserves it but with 7 games remaining may as well keep him til the seasons end and not rush a managerial appointment . He should be relieved of management duties at the final whistle of the last game and a more experienced man appointed as soon as possible by our D.O.F so we have a pre season with time to get targets and some stability.

2 Likes