Leyton Orient (H), New Year's Day, 3pm

I’ve lost confidence in myself making kick off because I’d rather have the extra pint in the pub

2 Likes

You don’t fancy queuing for an hour in the ground for a pint then…:grinning:

1 Like

I will not be there. Public transport and i am still ill. TBH i am not as bothered as i would and should normally be about missing a match. Think it will be a boring draw.

I hope that both you and public transport get well soon :smile:

4 Likes

Nothing less than a win…

1-0 or 4-0 it must be a win

1-0 to the Saddlers to get the New Year off to a good start and put me in an OKish frame of mind for the return to work next day.

Apart from those listed I can’t think of many who played for both (and I would never have got Marc Laird or Peter Till however long I thought) but there was Scott Houghton, who is now a copper, last I heard, and Ron Fearon, who played one game in goal for us in 92-93. I was thinking of him on Sunday because his only appearance was against Carlisle.

3 Likes

Great call, I loved Scott Houghton. Another flying winger I missed was Jason Brissett.

1 Like

Oh yes, Jason Brissett did play there, round about the time, I think, when he was trying to rebuild his career after featuring in the tabloids.

Didn’t he make a sex tape?

Not sure. I think he was naked running round a park (in Cheltenham?) after some sort of sexual shenanigans and I think a young lady let us all know that he wasn’t all that big but was nice and energetic. That’s all I can remember, and I might be wrong anyhow.

Another one who didn’t really have the career his talent suggested he could.

Much like Demontagnac. Imagine the career he could have had.

3 Likes

Yes, he should still be playing in the Premier League, what an idiot he was.

1 Like

Did they used to sing Asbo Ishy to him at one stage??

1 Like

Azzzzbo.

1 Like

Cant believe Houghton is a copper he is 5 foot nothing. Unplayable at times. Fantastic with both feet. You could play him on his own versus a whole defence in this league.

1 Like

super scotty houghton loved him as well:clap::clap:

3 Likes

Is Ishy coming back in the January transfer window Tone ?

Only 31/32 and minimum wage might be appealing to him so would fit into budget figures

1 Like

Is he really still playing?

When he was bang on he could be a match-winner. He was an exciting player and the attack of Marsh Wilson Lightbourne Houghton was great to watch.

1 Like

There’s not much hope for public transport I’m afraid :worried:

2 Likes