Liam Gordon signs

Is he still at Boston or wherever he was?

It looks like some smaller club in Greece, but he changes clubs.

https://mobile.twitter.com/analysis_bwfc/status/1435305259635810307

As always, Iā€™m optimistic when we sign a player. Tends to go downhill from then on.

1 Like

Heā€™s okay. Has pace and athleticism, a good touch and good dribbling ability. His crossing needs some work as he often fails to beat the first man and he generally seems to lack confidence, often electing to pass inside or backwards instead of trying to take the opponent on.

Defensively heā€™s not bad, sometimes loses concentration but has the pace to not be beaten 1v1 very often. Aerial ability isnā€™t great given his short stature.

Not sure heā€™s quite ready to be an effective L2 starter just yet and I donā€™t know if heā€™ll ever be. But Flynn is a good coach - if anyone can get the best out of Gordon, Flynn would be a good bet.
A Bolton fans view on Gordon.

1 Like

Weā€™re just going to have to wait to see him ourselves. You could pick one player out our team, ask 10 fans view, and you would get 10 different reviews.

So far Gordon is a hardworking, quick fullback, who is tall but short, good going forward but also isnā€™t but not great at defending but also thatā€™s his strength.

Iā€™m sure Flynn knows what he wants and he obviously likes him. So Iā€™ll give him a chance till I see otherwise.

As long as this isnā€™t the one that will ā€œmake the differenceā€

1 Like

Odds on to be our corner taker then :smiley:

2 Likes

Heā€™s 6ft

1 Like

Every other Bolton fan I have seen comment have said he is a good player especially at our level. Will have to make our own judgements but this to me is exactly the sort of player we should be going after. Had success in this league before and experienced the league above. I am pleased we havenā€™t gone for Haynes and I think this signing proves we arenā€™t going to just do all our recruitment from Newport just because Flynn managed there. He did an amazing job there but he will know as well anybody that team never actually got promoted.

2 Likes

Maybe all their other defenders were 6ā€™6ā€. Everything is relative.

3 Likes

mmmm Pace.

Looks a good signing. If he can cross a ball as well he is halfway there.

1 Like

Happy with this. Athletic and tall for a full-back/wing-back and 23 is a good age.

Athleticism and physicality is key in this league so it should bode well.

https://twitter.com/dsj_itv/status/1619019493422034946?t=qkStjXuvp04Oyo4igXLjtQ&s=19
Excellent from Liam

5 Likes

Brilliant , nice touch and shows what a geniune nice guy he is , really like the lad , has a great attitude and when interviewed shows heā€™s got his head screwed on and is also starting to show some class after getting over his horrific injury .

6 Likes

Liam is just one of a number of positive role models at the club at the moment - definitely trying to reach out into the community.

1 Like

New contract? :astonished::astonished::astonished:

1 Like

I really really hope so.

Yep

Great news as i said a couple of weeks ago i heard we were in talks with him glad heā€™s staying

2 Likes