Liam Gordon signs

5 Likes

Great work Walsall - refreshing to see us not lose our best players on a free at the end of the year.

4 Likes

Great news that.

Sadler suggesting a couple more contract extensions are close to being agreed - Smith and Comley perhaps?

5 Likes

Fantastic news. Hopefully a few more will follow.

I’m very pleased with this. Along with the other young players who have signed until 2025, this suggests we are serious in building a squad who can improve and develop. It also suggests they believe we are serious about improving things on the pitch.

8 Likes

Good result that.

Very good news. I’d say probably the player we’d miss most for we lost him for any reason, since we have no back up for him. Not sure why Bolton let him go as looks capable of playing at league 1 level

Great news . He has come back from a horrible injury to prove what a good player he is .
Continuity is what we all want and the club and the new owners realise this so fair play to the club .

4 Likes

Excellent and to come back from That injury and to show loyalty
Good man

4 Likes

That’s a hell of a piece of business. Player of the Season so far. Thought he was going to League One for sure

6 Likes

I can still see that picture of his stitched up calf and wonder how he could ever come back from that … and still be a professional footballer.

Another player i’m glad we don’t have to worry about replacing, hope he and club move on together now.

1 Like

Good business. Sensible way to run.

Well done Trivella.

Contract means Transfer fee if someone wants him.

This is perhaps the first tangible change we’re seeing from Trivela and their intentions, it also means we’re paying competitively - no more leaving contracts to run down and hoping they decide to stay at the end of the season on a pittance.

It’s refreshing.

3 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

Come April It’s effectively an extension for a year leaving us in almost exactly the same position any time soon. Same as mcentee.

Personally I’m surprised we haven’t signed him for longer and his agent didn’t push for longer

Good bit of news and business.

1 Like

Yes and comes across as a real nice likeable happy guy, great for the club.

1 Like

Any rumours westie?

Sadler has been promoting his stance on having “good people at the club” and i actually think he has got it bang on. Its clear to see a togetherness in the squad may explain why DJ hasnt had much game time.

2 Likes

A really important signing , great news