Liam Roberts signs new deal

We did Have a goalkeeper on trial yesterday so perhaps thats to replace rose ?

I think Roberts has definitely improved his all-round game under Maik Taylor, but there are still a few silly mistakes that continue to undermine his performances and hopefully heā€™ll be able to cut out.

The penalty at Crawley away was a rash decision and then dropping the ball against Salford and Cheltenham inside his own box to give them one goal head starts stand out as the major ones. His kicking does seem to have improved though and hopefully weā€™ll continue to see a progression.

Absolutely. Iā€™m by no means making out heā€™s been amazing this year, in fact I even said Iā€™m not sure his performances have warranted a new deal earlier in this thread, but calling him cack this season is incredibly unfair. Player of the month for August and September I believe and we werenā€™t even losing every week at that point!

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe you castigate posters for being unsupportive of Clarke etc and yet you post comments like this about a player.

You canā€™t have it both ways.

If Clarke had underperformed for 2 years Iā€™d agree with you.

1 Like

Have you seen where we are in table?

Roberts has lost us more points that hes won in the past two years.

He cannot command his box or his defence. He cannot get down quick enough for shots in the corners, hes poor at penalties, his distribution is cack and he has the odd fumble too.

How he can get another deal is beyond me.

Clarke said he was giving him a chance before making a decision, yet hes not pulled up trees to warrant a new deal.

He should have been out the door in the Summer.

4 Likes

Heā€™s probably one of those players that used to play right back,but was rubbish,so they tried him in goal,another 5yrs he will have fully made the transitionā€¦:grin:

1 Like