Luton Town (A) 20th October, 3pm

Didn’t the Luton fans hate him in the end?

He got the sack for charging over to a section of their fan’s after a game because they we’re having a go at one of his player’s , and had been giving him shi- all match but he came out and said after the game that the player had got some personal problem’s going on with his home life so was basically sticking up for him .
I know he stuck up for Walsall player’s and never publicly slagged them off even when they needed to be . and i know he turned to the crowd at home to try and get some vocal support going to back a team he had playing well which rubbed some people up the wrong way but to me he was just an ambitious manager and want’s all his team’s to be successful .
He left Walsall after getting us promoted and having a meeting with the board to see if their ambition’s matched his … he left the next week , and that was when i stopped renewing my season ticket

3 Likes

You’ve been bitten by the bug again recently mind!

2 Likes

1-1 Morris

But only because a little backing for the manager has materialized , and a little ambition shown … but when that disappears again so will i …

1 Like

Ah didn’t know all that. He was also 15 points off 1st place in the Conference when replaced so nowhere near getting them up.

Very good manager for Walsall though. Just hasn’t hit the heights since at any of the clubs he’s managed (also been DOF at a few other clubs).

7-0 win, and the Luton manager’s head to be spitted upon a pike and paraded around the pitch to the tune of Moby’s ‘porcelain’’.

Anyone who is going today but doesn’t have a ticket please note:
You can still buy a ticket up until 12:00 today by phoning the Luton Town ticket office on 01582 416976.
You will be able to pick up your ticket at their ticket office up until kick off but you have to phone in advance!
This game is all ticket and you can’t just roll up and buy one!

1 Like

DD was successful at Cambridge on a tight budget, getting them back into the FL after they had flirted with relegation

Thanks for that. Just bought mine - very quick service.

Have a good friend who is a Cambridge fan. DD’s relationship with the fans was a "difficult " one.

Same team which won at Bristol Rovers so Osbourne and Morris have to be on bench. No place for Martin.

Happy to see Kinsella starting.

1 Like

Elsewhere it looks as though Scunthorpe have scored from the kick-off … Wycombe 0 Iron 1

Blackpool 1 AFC Wimbledon 0 (6 min)

Plymouth Argyle 1 Burton Albion 1 (18 min)

Wycombe Wanderers 0 Scunthorpe Utd 2

Charlton Athletic 1 Barnsley 0

Doncaster Rovers 0 Gillingham 1

Peterborough Utd 0 Accrington Stanley 1 (10 min)

2 Likes

No clean sheet today - Hatters 1 Saddlers 0 (18 min, following a corner) :unamused:

Southend Utd 0 Coventry City 1 (20 min) … Jordy Hiwula

They completely dominated before the goal.

I don’t think the week off was good for us…anyway lets hope we can respond.

Doncaster Rovers 0 Gillingham 2 (25 min) :open_mouth:

Plymouth Argyle 2 Burton Albion 2

We’re not looking good to be honest, very slow and hitting long balls. Luton look a tidy side full of confidence.

Our first shot on target comes after 41 minutes … (Cook header from very close range)