Macclesfield Situation

I didn’t say it’s not due, but it’s not irrelevant either. I said it was harsh, not that Campbell isn’t well within his rights to do this.

Wonder how you’d feel if it was say, Whitney holding us over a barrel If we were in danger of going under?

Campbell is owed the money. Of course he is. But he clearly knows they have no money. They have helped him by giving him a job. He did well with them. He has got something out of it. All i am saying is, He should show some understanding. And above all, I bet he is loaded anyway.

Is that a serious question ?

The integrity of the league competition gets called into question in situations like this. If a Saturday game v Macc is cancelled then it gets rescheduled during a weekday which can be a disadvantage when players would otherwise be resting etc.

If they play their youth team and a team wins say 6-0 (as per Bolton) then it is an easy 3 points and goal difference. Then they get sorted and have a full strength team later on in the season.

I do not want to see any club go bust but some clubs do take the p155. Where is the fit and proper thing that is supposed to occur?

1 Like

I thought it was a p45??

2 Likes

Then getting you to box naked??

1 Like

Strange one this given the precendents that were created when Bolton failed to play Brentford last season, those being that Brentford were awarded a 1-0 win, and Bolton were subsequently given an (in their case) meaningless suspended five point deduction six months later, after they had already failed to play Doncaster in August. Hence if the suspended points deduction had been issued in a reasonable timescale, it would have been triggered by the Doncaster no show! As others have said what’s the betting Macc are given a sterner and more expediant punishment than their more illustrious neighbours? If as seems likely our game doesn’t go ahead, we should thefeore be awarded the three points, but surely will be out of pocket regarding the receipts for the game? If Macc get kicked out or go bust mid-season then using the Aldershot precedent from the early 90’s all results will be expunged which will benefit teams that lost to them, which in our interest would benefit the likes of Oldham and Scunthorpe.

2 Likes

Yeah.

O.k chap I respect that opinion but they hardly train due to all the wage disputes.

People last week were questioning why Walsall weren’t as good as Oxford United anymore (even though Oxford are this season better than 3/4 of league one).

I’d be much more concerned why a side who only just stayed up last season, sold one of their best players to this club and have off field turmoil has been above Walsall for pretty much the whole season.

Game next week will be interesting anyway.

That was the gist of my point, the coaching they do get must be better than ours

We play Macclesfield soon what happens if it’s cancelled? Do we get 3points?

No we all have a free weekend to go Christmas shopping and have to go to the Bescot on a cold wet dark Tuesday night instead.

1 Like

Yeah Yeah Noh

3 Likes

I’d forgotten about them

I have no idea what’s going wrong at Essington but to the naked idea you have guy who promoted Bristol two levels so surely improved some players there considering half their squad was non league and then was holding their own in league 1 a short while later.

Marcus Stewart excellent forward who did well in the premier league and Maik Taylor was a premier league keeper for years and plenty of Northern Ireland caps.

That’s a decent level of nous to improve players but for whatever reason it’s simply not happening. Would be amazed given their meagre resources if Macc could attract anyone near that sort of pedigree, no idea who their actual manager is tbh.

1 Like

So had I until I saw El Nombre’s post, Leicester’s finest!!

Love this, if I could go back to the 80’s…Only trouble is my wife was born in 83!!!

■■■■■ up your ears is the one I remember buying it must be in the loft somewhere

Just seen the EFL have suspended their game on Saturday v Crewe. Going, going…gone?

We could have a “free” Saturday next week then…if the worst happens(and I hope it doesn’t") it will mean no relegation spots this year!!!

If ever there was a year to “bottom out” it’s this one

3 Likes