Mansfield Town Bottle It

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.:grin:

1 Like

Just a thought Andy Cook ,27 goals
Dan Scarr will be in the Championship next year.
Both either not rated or liked by the great and the good of the WFC fan baseā€¦

5 Likes

Thatā€™s one way of looking at it.

Cookā€™s best season in the football league this season Iā€™d guess. Scored about as many as Miller last season.

He may have scored 27 for us if he hadnā€™t completely given up and downed tools. Or if we hadnā€™t sold our best wide player in January, and a whole load of other reasons. Too easy to put it on the fans all the time.

4 Likes

Letā€™s all have a toast to this terrible season . Glasses up to mansfield fecking it up :beer::beer::beer:

5 Likes

Cook was massively rated on here before the Accrington stuff that soured relations.

End of the day he scored 15 + in his only season in league one so he knows where the net is whatever level he plays at even if he is a mouthy so and so.

I get the feeling he got on well with Leahy and him getting plenty of stick by fanbase meant he was just waiting to have a go at end of one of the defeats and that created the very toxic end of season and relegation.

Iā€™d have him back in a heartbeat particularly at league two level, heā€™d actually have been ideal CF for Flynnball.

On the other hand I never rated Scarr at all. Fair play to him, what a brilliant move to go to Plymouth and heā€™ll get his games in the championship next season and play at a level I never thought heā€™d be capable of.

18/19 looked a really poor team on paper compared to previous years but even in relegation teams thereā€™s always the odd decent player thatā€™s lost his way.

1 Like

Always rated scarr very commanding and with the right system and better players around him was always going to show his worth.

2 Likes

Scar and Cook just two of many players passed through this club were they have either play out of position played in system that have not suited them or not had right sort of players along side them to cover there weaknesses and all players have those all this comes down to the manager and his man management and players he signs .we simply have not had a good enough managers of late to do this .Dean smith was probably the only one who got close .anyone can stick eleven players out there on the pitch not may can put a team out there .

Personally, I looked up the Mansfield fb page and congratulated them for not having a natural goalscorer on the bench. And congratulated them on being able to come to fortress Bescot next season. Waiting for the dogs bollix response with glee.

1 Like

Also donā€™t forget they helped out by scoring an own goal, just to make sure they lost, didnā€™t want to rely on Harrogate scoring more goals than themselves lol

3 Likes

DJs instsgram post after the Mansfield match yesterday

4 Likes

Looking at Facebook comments, the inbred scabs arenā€™t happy particularly with some saddlers winding them up :rofl:

1 Like

Its all we have left :joy:

Whatā€™s it suppose to mean?

1 Like

I am glad someone else asked :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ye not a clue :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Errrr, I know itā€™s unlikely now. But they could still go up.

Cook is someone who came with a proven lower league pedigree and proved he could cut it at L1 and over the seasons since, L2.

In regards to Scarr, iā€™m happy that he is doing well, but I still think as a footballer he is limited, but he is in a system that plays to his strengths. He was always commanding and a good header of the ball, and playing in the centre of a back 3 works very well for him. Be interesting to see how he gets on in the Championship, as well as Edwards and Wilson.

1 Like

What is the permutation?

They need to win at Colchester and Salford lose to Gillingham with a 4 goal GD swing

Or they need to win at Colchester and Bradford lose to both Crewe and Leyton orient with a 4gd swing.

If Bradford lost to Crewe, Iā€™d say it could happen.

Obviously hope it doesnā€™t. :grin:

1 Like

Bristol Rovers last season proves the need to remember that itā€™s not over until the fat lady singsā€¦

1 Like