Mansfield Town Bottle It

How much injury time!

:scream: :weary:

1 Like

Now Bradford have blown it !!!

1 Like

Apparently a flare was set off.

1 Like

Did one of the Crewe fans accidentally set fire to their jeans?

2 Likes

The fourth from the left looks like he was assembled from leftover body parts. Yes, definitely a Crewe fan

1 Like

:musical_note:I got it one piece at a time, and it didn’t cost me a dime​:musical_note:

I had no idea Little Jimmy Osmond was a Crewe fan.

1 Like

Liverpool fan, wasn’t he?!:wink:

2 Likes

He kept Slade from being Xmas number one I know that. Still irritates me 51 years later, rather more than it should. :laughing:

3 Likes

Me too. My sister went out with Noddy Holder in the 60s - he used to come to our house on the Mossley with the rest of the band (who were called the N Betweens in those days).

2 Likes

I lived on the Mossley (Abbey Square). They were still building the estate when we moved there in 1958. In those days the buses terminated at the top of Abbey Square.

I was born there in the early 60s - in Whitby Close. We stayed there till 1967 when we moved to John Street, near the “Pretty Bricks” pub. We moved again to Richard’s House in Burrowes Street and I lived there until I went to university in the early 80s. I haven’t lived in Walsall since then but my folks did until they died. I used to go to the games with my dad but he died in 2014 - now I either go with my eldest daughter or on my own if she can’t make it. Just waiting for some grand kids to start them on the rollercoaster of supporting the Super Saddlers!! The joy and the pain - mostly pain!!

2 Likes

I originally went with my dad and two brothers but my oldest brother switched to the villa and talked my other brother into going but he eventually decided to follow the baggies. In fairness we’ve never had the embarrassment of a dingle in the family

1 Like

Were your dad and mum Tony and dot?

1 Like

Yes, you got it. How do you know them?

Hi Are you also Tony?
Your dad was my mates uncle and we had a lot of contact with all your family back in the mid to late 1960s.
I remember going to Green Lane for a bit of a Christmas do and we used to see Ant outside the Imperial and Chris coming round in the summer in the ice cream cart.
I always thought your dad looked like Al Pacino lol
My other connection is I did take your step sister out for a while not sure whether it was before or after Noddy.

I hesitate to say this but Mansfield could still be in the play-offs. Bradford could easily lose at home to Orient so if that happens and Mansfield win by more than one goal, they go through having scored more goals. Less plausible is Salford losing at home to Gillingham.

2 Likes

Mmmm! Salford or Mansfield? Come on Bradford!

So they got DJ back in January, played him for a few games before Clough’s ego got the better of him and he’s been out of the squad for weeks.

They’ve missed out on 7th by ONE goal.

Oh dear. Their forums will be fun tonight. That’s grave self harm even by Walsall standards!

10 Likes