Mansfield Town (H) Tuesday 9th February, 6:45pm

Super, Duper, centre forward destroying, Matt Preston.

1 Like

My grey matter is struggling but who was our defender who went in goal after keeper got sent off , early 2000’s I think .
He went to play for Mansfield!

Lee Beevers, 11-12 season I think we had him - Smiths first full season.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like Andy Cook will be playing against us Saturday. Looks like he is on the brink of joining Bradford.

1 Like

Looks like Bradford are well and truly preparing for a stint in non league then!

2 Likes

Cook and Rowe the world’s fattest strike force.Cooks there top earner 3.5k a week so they say.

1 Like

Heavy snow forecast from the early hours of Saturday morning through to teatime.

Just seen the weather not looking good is it I predict a postponement.

1 Like

Glad that the Cookie monster has moved on from Mansfield as is it not a rule that ex saddlers score against us ?. The way Cook is going he will have had more clubs than Jack Nicholas lol. UTS.

Tricky one to call, they are unsurprisingly a form team since Clough turned up and moved well clear of bottom 2 and aren’t far off play offs now (like half the division).

One thing I would say is you win this type of game and suddenly top 7 isn’t such an unrealistic possibility as Mansfield will take plenty of points off teams in that area I reckon so it would be a good one to win to give the team more confidence.

Just for a change though…1-1.

1 Like

I just hope rose is fit and we don’t have to play roberts

WHO???

No way we’ll have a goalless draw, so I’ve gone for a score draw here.

Forecast heavy snow:

It might be off but that forecast isn’t quite as bad as it was a couple of days ago. Looks like a mixture of rain and snow so it might just be on .If it is I think we will win. 2-0 would be my bet .Adebayo to score at least 1 before he departs . Not sure he is anywhere near Championship level yet but if he goes I wish him well.

2 Likes

I don’t think that he is championship level now, but looking at what i saw when he first came to what he is now is unprecedented, so maybe they can see even further improvement with their coaching staff?
Worth a ÂŁ250,000 punt.

Tough game to call. As others have noted, Mansfield a different beast under Clough.

The problem of course is you never know which Walsall will turn up. Given we’ve played poorly against the ‘easier’ teams (Southend, Stevenage, Scunthorpe), I reckon we’ll turn up and give them a game. 1-1.

Assuming the game isn’t snowed off of course.

Who gave rise to my favourite ever UTS username (not me someone else)

Bee Leevers.

Genius.

3 Likes

Might be a touch early in his career but not far off he’s scored 10 with this crap behind him so with better championship level service I think he’d score plenty enough for a mid to bottom table side.

If the weathermen are correct, you should be hit by a snow tsunami tomorrow…a snow front which was creeping up towards us in Cheshire will turn back round and head back to the Midlands and stick there!
But when have the weather reports ever been correct?
If it IS played I fear the ‘transfer’ garbage might unsettle the squad, especially if both Ade and Jules suddenly don’t appear…we can then assume the worse.
And, as Andy above has pointed out Mansfield are a different proposition now that Clough is at the helm.
Best hope should be a 1-1 ‘draw’ (for a change) regrettably the head tells us that another home defeat may be on the cards.
Hope not, the fantasy thoughts of trying at least to get into the play off’s is still with us, another defeat would surely write our season off in view of the vast amount of games in hand the teams around us have and our poor goal diff.

1 Like

The apps I’ve looked at this morning seem to look a lot more forgiving as far as the falling of snow is concerned it’s currently raining in pelsall so fingers crossed.6 unbeaten in the league for Mansfield someone’s got to stop that carrying on :wink: 2-1 win