Marstons Contract Ends

Are we actually going to get some decent ales now? :thinking:

And will they do anything about the brain freeze temperature everything is served at! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Another interesting one, following on from the Homeserve/Poundland swap. Is this a sign of the economic times? Just coincidence of timing? Or is it perhaps a sign that, having come out of difficult covid times, which must have used up a lot of management time and energy, Pomlett and co are actually making some new things happen? We shall have to wait and see but I think many fans will be pleased if the club are able to provide a better range and better quality of drinks at the stadium.

1 Like

I nominate Holdens

Balls t’brewery.

Peter-Kay-as-Brian-Potter-in-Peter-Kays-Pheonix-Nights

12 Likes

Time for a couple of local independent brewers to be given a go, say backyard in Brownhills or someone similar, it would give us an identity for selling niche beer, might even attract the more discerning ale drinking football fan :smile:

4 Likes

Maybe the next pouring rights holder will introduce the Rapido pint pouring system (fills the glass from the bottom up) as seen at Spurs!
It’s much quicker & there’s hardly any spillage. Win-win!

2 Likes

Lets learn to walk before we start running

No harm in dreaming

2 Likes

Black Country Ales might be a good shout saying we are the boys from the Black Country

2 Likes

Indeed.

Quite a few of us drink in the Black Country Arms pre game and would be likely to turn up at the ground earlier and buy from there if they did BCA ales
 and served them fast and not freezing.

Aslong as they do a lager I’m happy can’t stand ale lol

3 Likes

That’s lot of “if’s” for our board to sort through. They might be achieved by the end of the 5 year plan :wink:

Wouldn’t surprise me if the club got a job lot of Kamikaze in.

2 Likes

Lovely drink

1 Like

I’ve seen that done before at venues and it certainly helps to prep and speed things up.

Call me thick, but I still don’t get how the beer doesn’t just leak out of the bottom after you pull it off the pourer!?!:thinking::man_facepalming::laughing:

2 Likes

Is that where the phrase ‘bottoms up’ comes from then Chunk?

1 Like

Definition of bottoms up

informal

—used as a toast or to tell people to finish their drinksHere’s to the groom-to-be! Bottoms up!

This is the definition mate, been around a while

1 Like

Don’t all pints fill from the bottom up?

4 Likes