Martin O'Connor named First Team Coach

giphy

1 Like

Twice lol

1 Like

This further proves to me why Keates wonā€™t be sacked.

1 Like

Yep, as does his featuring in the Early Bird campaign material. If he keeps us up heā€™ll save his job.

1 Like

He does say nice things about us already, after all we are a ā€˜well run clubā€™ā€¦

Got to be an improvement on Andy Davies . Hopefully he can get some motivation in the team if nothing else.

1 Like

He has some talented kids at his academy i know 2 or 3 from my coaching days.could be worth a look on trial for us?

1 Like

Not very thrilled to be honest but I wish him well. DK certainly needs help.

Canā€™t help but smile at the Walsall FC logic. How to arrest a slide of 5 straight league one defeats?
Lets re-instate the first team coach that was sacked the last season we lost 5 in a row!
Only kidding, weā€™ve got to try something, anything!! Good luck MOC :v:

4 Likes

Oh dear. Instead of attempting to remedy the slump (by replacing our Manager) we are letting the same Manager, have another go at clutching at straws, by further increasing the size of his backroom AND spending yet more money.

MOC was a Walsall great but was a disaster under Hutchings and didnt find work anywhere else with any success.

Just what is it going to take for Keates to be sacked?!

Strange call

Pep Guardiola has as many assistant coaches as we have backroom staff total. Really donā€™t see the issue with increasing the backroom size.

Wow, recalling a coach that was number 2 the last time we nearly went down in 2011!

One masterstroke after another!

2 Likes

Another vein attempt to paper over the cracks

If it shakes things up then fine (and lets face it we need it) but another coach in a club full of them hardly inspires confidence in any of the existing group does it?

Clearly means DK is staying but begs the question if results continue to go against us, what next???

1 Like

Apparently Man City also have 11 players on the pitch at any given time during games, so I cant see how following that same approach could fail to be a success under Keates at the Bezla. :thinking:

This was my thought exactly, so much negativity. I share everyones concerns but I like the idea of a different type of voice, personality in our set up. To see Martin shouting instructions and showing passion on the touchline will be something sadly lacking previously and will make a positive change. I know, however, that will be dependant on if the current players respect Martin and give a **** and listen to him. If not no change will happen sadly. :frowning:

8 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s the sameā€¦

Itā€™s not about whether it will be successful, itā€™s whether thereā€™s a problem with having a ā€œlarge backroomā€. There isnā€™t.

Keates could announce that heā€™s brought in Kelly Brook to give free blow jobs in the Upper for the rest of the season and certain people would moan about it at this point.

The results have gotten to that stage :man_shrugging:

ā€œBackroom too bigā€, ā€œdidnā€™t work under Hutchingsā€ yada yada. As if there arenā€™t bigger successful backrooms in the league or following Chris Hutchings instructions means heā€™s a poor coach.

Must admit pal, I will be getting an early bird if that happensā€¦:ok_hand:

5 Likes