Matt Taylor in The Athletic

Don’t say I don’t give you anything. Here’s Matt Taylor’s recent interview from The Athletic in full.

31 Likes

Quality read that.

Yes , so refreshing reading about our new manager being so open and honest about himself and what he’s trying to achieve rather than the big headed gobshite we had last season just banging on about how good he was .

10 Likes

‘Council estate from Mansfield’

A great read - thanks Rob.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. I sincerely hope he proves to be a success because everything I read of him and hear from him has him down to be a top bloke who really knows what he’s on about but has humility with it.

3 Likes

The main thing that sticks out from that entire interview is him constantly referring to the team around him and acknowledging he doesn’t know everything but has people he can call on.

Compared to the previous arrogant prat it’s a breath of fresh air.

13 Likes

And that last paragraph. It’s everything Dutton wasn’t.

5 Likes

“… the worst referee going …” ???

Haven’t those players ever been refereed by Trevor Kettle? :grin:

6 Likes

Brett Huxtable is worse

1 Like

Yes the man has some real qualities which should help him in this role. I wish him well and hope the players respond to what he tells them to do. It will be hard at first but I am confident we have a good man in charge of our team.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting that Rob

The way the guy speaks, is refreshing. Eloquent in football terms.

Makes a change from the east mids soound bite mong fest that is Clarke.

3 Likes

But did you see instead of waiting to “Gel” we are now waiting to “Knit”

1 Like

A ripping good yarn

1 Like

at least he switched it up :smiley:

How many badges has he got though ? :wink:

Reminds me of the Headline when there was a recall to the German Olympic tennis team for Michael Stich…

“A Stich in time, saves Nein.”

Ich hole meinen Mantel

4 Likes

Given he started 10 years ago….

2 Likes

A good read.
We are all behind Matt and wish him every success this season.

2 Likes