Matt Taylor

Sacked again. Terrible manager. Dire football. Surely this is his last chance in the efl?

It was a very odd appointment in the first place if you ask me.

I wonder if they are coming for Sadler next?

Joking apart, I remember one of them on their forum saying they would like to see Sadler there as manager, bit of a club legend in their eyes. I think that was either just before or just after Matt Taylor was appointed as manager…not too sure on the timing…

I was joking but I guess it isn’t beyond the realms of possibility.

1 Like

As much as I hate the Shrews I wanted him to do well for his sake. I think he got dealt a rough hand here at times, especially when Fullarton went and signed him an injured Devante Rodney. Extremely likeable bloke, chatted to him for a good 10 mins at the open training session a couple of days before the Tranmere game and he was buzzing, really proud to of been trusted with the club etc. I think he is one of those who maybe should of gone somewhere as an assistant to a really experienced manager, learnt from them, learnt his own trade and then taken the plunge into management. I don’t think he will get another EFL management job without doing this

7 Likes

He might go back to coaching a youth team. It will be tough for him to talk his way out of 2 failures. I liked the guy but he really did not do well with us.

Agree with you there AS. There’s a bit of me that thinks he may have been a little bit of the right guy at the wrong time.

There is no doubt that the squad he had to work with was not as good as our current crop and that they were less equipped to deal with the way he wanted to do things that the team we have now.

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if he had the squad we have now.

I went to Scunthorpe away.

That was the worst Walsall performance I have ever seen with my own eyes; bar Slough.

6 Likes

Yep, can’t argue with that, however that performance was weeks in the making, didn’t just happen that night.

Nothing will surpass slough…merson turd management :face_vomiting:

For me his downfall was his stubbornness and reluctance to move away from the 4231 formation. In many ways him and Sadler are very similar, young coaches who say the right things with a lot of focus on the people side of things and man management. The difference with Sadler being that he hasn’t been frightened to move away from his favoured formation, although initially has hand was forced because of injury

It’s also worth noting the impact of the assistant. I can’t for the life of me think that Neil McDonald was happy to roll out the same formation and game plan every week given the poor results and performances. Perhaps Sadler is more open to the advice of Gary Waddock

1 Like

Think that’s fair comment and I guess a bit what my thinking was. Given his stubborness, some could say sticking to his principles if you are being kind, I think the current squad would have been slightly better equipped to operate it than what he had.

1 Like

I’ll always remember him standing and smirking at Darrell Clarke when we beat Fail on their own patch.Great night that was.

3 Likes

2 Likes

:smile: that’s the one mate.Not sure Taylor was actually thinking that at that time but it’s very creative nevertheless.

What a fantastic picture that was from Jenny. Captured the moment and both egos perfectly. How Jenny isnt the club’s official photographer I’ll never know.

7 Likes

If she was ever interviewed for the post:

“So Jenny, how delighted are you with being offered the role of club photographer?

And for those supporters who haven’t seen your work, what kind of photographer are you: landscape, portrait or Adam West Batman angles?”

3 Likes

If you follow the guy on igram, hes brilliant… Owen sumat.

1 Like

This guy!

1 Like