Media Change

Liam Keen has finished his stint with little old Walsall to take over covering Wolves for the E&S - great move for him. Joe Edwards (not that one) is his replacement. He’s been covering Wolves for the past few years.

Slip me £20 and I’ll happily hit copy and paste from the official site.

1 Like

Strange one, this. Always presumed covering Walsall was the ‘entry level’ job rather than being part of the rotation. Wish Liam luck anyway, must have been tough covering two years of tripe football then having to hang around for a quote off Badgeman, who was generally rude to him.

2 Likes

Apparently Joe Edwards asked to be moved from the wolves job. I wonder what’s gone on there :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, they both released very uniformed statements on Twitter. Perhaps Edwards has pissed someone off at Wolves or the E&S. Perhaps both.

Good for him which ever , hope it was both .

But he’ll pay a heavy price now having to work with that smug git Nathan Judah .

Perhaps he fancies covering a promotion charge rather than a relegation battle.

2 Likes

Wow Joe Edwards coming back…what a summer of signing…oh.

1 Like

Maybe he wanted to move to a bigger club?

1 Like

Sorry to see Joe won’t be covering us now, certainly one of the better reporters we’ve had. Fan or not he certainly came over as having a genuine interest in us and wish for us to do well rather than just going through the motions and begrudgingly hack out a standard report.

So who is covering the mighty Saddlers now?

Dancing Kev

3 Likes

Excellent. A passionate maverick with skin at the game…

1 Like

Maybe he prefers a Saturday 3pm kick off time.

Liam Keen’s name was on the Kieran Phillips story yesterday, but Joe Edwards byline for Mick Bates obituary today. However, Joe Massi, Matt Maher and Lewis Cox have also done recent pieces so maybe we’re just being covered by whoever in the pool is free at the time rather than our own dedicated reporter?

1 Like

Ah. The ultimate insult.

Keen was on leave for 2 weeks so everyone chipped in.

Expect the new guy to be Walsall full time

If you’re on about Masi he left to cover West Brom two years ago!

I agree in that probably best E&S had asked to cover Walsall in a long time. Liam Keen was o.k but young and obviously Clarke not a great one to deal with match by match with some of the odd things he’d come out with and the cloak and dagger stuff about injuries and contract lengths.

I liked Liam, thought he always did well and gave good opinions on us too as well as just reporting the obvious news. Good luck to him, hope he does well.

4 Likes

Tbh I thought the guy had no interest in Walsall what so ever, he was obviously only here for experience but he could at least act like he was half Interested in us!