Meet the Manager 2022

Yep. It’s been awful. Whether that’s been in the flesh or watching us during covid on ifollow.

The most impressive thing about the Pomlett era thus far has been the ability to sell a rebirth story every summer and get thousands of people to part with their hard earned in ever increasing numbers despite what they’ve seen with their own eyes and despite the deteriorating economic environment.

It’s a genuinely impressive achievement. The football on the other hand has been the worst I’ve seen in my near 50 years of watching us. It’s been terrible. Consistently terrible.

21 Likes

38 me mate and i agree worse than what Hibbit served up in recent years.

1 Like

50 years for me, and yes, this last few years have been the worst.
The Hibbitt years seemed poor but for a good while we had Mickey Chech and Rod McDonald up front together, and for one season that pair played with Wayne Clarke. Way beyond what we’ve had of late.
Plus Marshy and Charlie in midfield entertaining us with their tricks.

2 Likes

For me the best entertainment i have seen over the years was the expectation you had whenever you realised that John Keister was about to go in for a tackle :boom::boom::boom:

9 Likes

Psyyyycho, Psycho John, Psyyyycho, Psycho John…

2 Likes

We’ve really had nothing to cheer since Deano left, we were well on the way to the Championship had he stayed.
The way we’ve been playing recently it makes one wonder if we’re ever going to see those glory days again - I certainly hope so!

3 Likes

It`s like one of those waves where the highs are getting lower each time and further apart and the lower parts are getting lower and closer together especially over the last few years. In my case 65 years since being allowed to go to the concrete wall in front of the stand at Fellows Park.

Two footed…waist height :rofl:

1 Like

See Holden came on as a sub in Vales win yesterday.
I do wish him well but hope we haven’t messed up on this.

The approach taken by Pomlett Gamble and Mole in the last few years have seen a nose dive in the supporter experience that I didn’t think could dive any further under Bonser.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if you can park on the club carpark tonight? I’ve looked online but couldn’t see any info about car parking. Thanks in advance!

They normally open it up for these events

1 Like

Yeah you’ll be able to

1 Like

Yeah you can for freeeeeeee

1 Like

Does that mean that @RobHarv3y can go then? :grin:

3 Likes

For godsake whoever’s going don’t push the bloke away we’ve only just got him here :laughing:

2 Likes

Gave out a free drinks token for the Meet the Chairman event. Really pushing the boat out if they do the same tonight as well!

1 Like

can they not livestream this for us who cannot attend?

3 Likes

Have you met our media team?

It should honestly be so so so easy to livestream this. I have no idea why they cannot - well I do, I just don’t understand how anyone can have a job in media if they can’t plug a cable into a camera and then plug that cable into a Mac/laptop - open up OBS and press a button.

2 Likes

That’s not even close to the truth though, is it? Once O’Dismal left, we had some great performances under Whitney and got ourselves so close again. The following season, we also had some incredible cameo performances from Oztumer to cheer, plus a few other bits and pieces. Yes’ it’s been pretty dire since then, but you can’t re-write history and say there’s been nothing to cheer since Dean Smith left. Or maybe you meant Dean Keates? :wink: