Michael Flynn Officially Appointed

Please explain, what is this ‘cup run’ of which you speak, remember we are Walsall fans, and many amongst us have never actually witnessed a 2nd round in a cup competition.

2 Likes

Pleased with this appointment. Won’t have come cheap and the best candidate for the job.

All I’m saying @Saddlertd is that I refuse to keep getting excited every time we appoint a new manager, this is the 2nd one in weeks really, our board/chairman get it wrong a lot more time’s than they get it right. There is nobody who will be more pleased than me if we do get it right, but I’m not holding my breath.

Thats why ive hidden that group on FB. Its full of dip shits! The admin and I think his son must be related to LP or have a space on the board ha.

same. Anyone know what kind of manager he is? in terms of formations etc?

Feels like we have appointed a proper manager.

Let’s hope Fullarton and the board realised they’ve ballsed up the last 12 months and put it right in the summer.

Hope…

3 Likes

352, wont always be pretty but will grind out the results. From what ive seen anyway.

1 Like

As you and I remember W4E we used to be famous for our cup exploits back in the 70s and 80s - our abject failure in recent decades has for me been one of the most disappointing things. Would love it if that changed now.

Sounds like Fullarton has done his job already and hypnotised Flynn

1 Like

Wonder if Wilko will be happy about that?

On paper, a very good appointment.
The fact he has a good deal of experience at our level and the job he did at Newport put him on the top of the candidate pile.
If he can replicate here what he did at Newport we’ll be alright.
The only negative, he’s already sucking up to Fullerton.

1 Like

Honestly mate, no one cares about pretty football when you are winning games. Think Richard Money, there were lots of really mind numbing games in our title winning season but no one complained or looks back and thinks “yeah that was alright but I wish the football was better”

Good appointment, would have been my choice from what is available. I’m not getting carried away this time though, just going to see how it unfolds. Hopefully he can steer us out of this mess and between LP and JF they give him what he needs for next season.

4 Likes

Come all without, come all within
You’ll not see nothing like the Micky Flynn
Come all without, come all within
You’ll not see nothing like the Micky Flynn

4 Likes

Very happy with that. We’ve got the best guy we could get for the job in hand I reckon.

1 Like

But do they have issues?

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/19034405.michael-flynn-slams-newport-captain-joss-labadie-red/

Not quite. Haydn Price had the job 1912-1915 and Albert Groves 1920-1921. So he’s our first Welsh manager in over a century.

Edit: that’s straight from wikipedia btw so could well be wrong!

3rd but the first for over 100 years - though there may still be a few UTS regulars that remember the other 2. :laughing:

External candidate tick
Experienced tick
Past success at this level tick
Not the cheap option tick
Knows the League tick
Aware of Labadie tick
All in all one of the most sensible appointments we have made as a Club for a very long time.
Hats off to LP for ensuring all of the above.
I really do think that the fan pressure that has been clear to see and hear since January 1 has got through to the Board and LP in particular.
Hats off to all of us in general who have been a part of that but special mention goes to Ollie at ISSA and (at last) the local media led by Joe Edwards at the E&S.
One last point though. Let’s not relent and release the general pressure for change at Board Level.

13 Likes

I concur.

there is nothing very pretty about league two football as a whole.

1 Like

Do we care? “Sucking up” or “forging a good relationship”? Because the latter is vital to this football club progressing. Fullarton is going nowhere (unless he chooses to) so it is a key matter that the manager and DoF work really well together and compliment each other. Let’s hope they do. I’ve seen talk of Fullarton “not suffering fools gladly” but I don’t think Flynn is a fool and therefore I see the potential for the two of them to work well.

3 Likes