Mole and Gamble need the boot

I can understand why we sold Ginnelly as we probably got around £250k for him - that’s not bad business considering he was only on a one-year contract and would have gone for nothing at the end of the season. But, we definitely lost momentum after he was sold. Jarvis was not a bad replacement on paper but has been consistent (or available) enough.

3 Likes

The loss of Ginelly could have been mitigated to some extent had we welcomed Kieron Morris back into the fold instead of sending him off to Tranmere. We replaced the two midfielders that had managed to score a few goals (nine between them), with a player that hadn’t played for two years and another that had simply never played. Unsurprisingly, it hasn’t worked out very well.

5 Likes

Will never know if it was 50k or the 250k and it’s the not knowing if it was good business for the club or not that ■■■■■ me off the most. If it was 250k then fair enough. But 50k and it looks like a terrible decision to sell.

Ultimately Kieron was finished here (at least for this season) when his mother started going off on social media.

I would say I do think Morris is an o.k player but he suffered from Smith going and not being improved on the coaching pitch last few seasons.

Stagnated at league 1 but you’d think the club would look again with league 2 a likely reality. Seems he’s done o.k at Tranmere who are up there.

I agree that Morris stagnated under Whitney but earlier this season it looked like he had a bit of his mojo back and was a key figure in that early season form.

One of the negatives aimed at him is that he “blows hot and cold”. Whilst that is typical of most forward players, I would have taken “hot and cold” in our form since he departed rather than the cold and freezing cold we have had to endure.

You look at the bench at the weekend and there is no doubt we miss him.

5 Likes

When comparing to Zeli, Morris definitely had more ‘hot’ games in half of the season than Zeli in the full term - if only we were on tv a bit more! :wink:

3 Likes

Gamble is well respected at the EFL…which says more about the EFL than Gamble.

Pair of them should go - Mole in particular is a prickly character who on more than one occasion has been less than professional in his responses to fans. I’ve had a few run ins with him over the years on an individual level and when at the trust.

I remember him publicising how he had bought shares for his kids and I emailed to enquire if and how I could do the same - he got arsey as I referred to Bonser as “the owner”.

Bonser’s “infamy, infamy, they’ve all got it in for me” complexion has stretched to Mole now - note we don’t have his column in the programme anymore.

Sooner we are rid of the lot of them the better.

4 Likes

He was also a complete tit when on social media, I remember him running Q&A’s like he was some sort of celebrity :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

There’s no point calling for Mole & Gambles heads whilst Jeff is here. Everything they do is sanctioned by the big boss. Anyone replacing them would be the same yes men.

All roads lead to Bonser!

Maybe a flow chart showing this under the #timesupJeff campaign?

2 Likes

It’s a given, a bit like Shrewsbury family trees having no branches.

1 Like

Tonight

It’s not just Messrs, J.Bonser, Gamble and Mole, though, is it?

When are each of the other directors going to “grow a pair” and resign over the way that the club is being run (into the ground) by such collective incompetence? Over to you, Messrs Tisdale, Whalley, Bond, Gilman, Pomlett (and t’other Bonser). On that point, can someone explain (in repeatable language!) the presence of Peter Gilman on the Board? That’s a rhetorical question, by the way. Those of us who can remember the Fellows Park to Bescot fiasco, know the answer to it.

4 Likes

If I was the Trust I would be asking for the Boards terms of reference or governance structure to understand the responsibility of the directors in delivering our so called vision!

1 Like

Excellent post - been saying this for ages…

Jarvis demise and Ferrier being put in the naughty corner has certainly left the bench very weak for game changing options.

O.k today we apparently had three in Cook, Ismail and CBT but M O’C had to pack the side full of defenders to achieve this.

It’s all a mess tbh. The leadership from the top finally has the playing staff it deserves.

2 Likes

And there was me thinking WFC wanted to improve communication with the fans?! :joy:

Mole and Gamble would’ve been behind the open training session debacle, says it all.

2 Likes