Morecambe (H) 28th Jan, 7:45pm

It didn’t look good the way he stayed down on Saturday.

Guthrie off on 20 minutes …

1 Like

Unless Bates is injured, it is surprising thst he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth and not even on the bench. If sheron is the proper defensive mid then it should free up someone more ‘free’ and more forward thinking to play alongside him.

I’d rather that kid played over Gordon at RM and Adebayo dropped to the bench but other than that looks fair enough.

Should be able to beat these any formation and selection.

Weak link? In a team where the right back can’t get in over James Clarke, our two starting midfielders barely get off the injury table, the strike rate across all the strikers is pretty poor and we have no starting right mid at all? Beg to differ. Our fans and Kinsella is such a strange one. Loyalty, 100 percent effort, decent if inconsistent performances and people still lay in.

Our bench is better than the starting lineup .amazing

I’m not laying in, I’m suggesting that he’s a very weak link in our team because, attacking wise, he offers nothing at all whereas defensively, he makes the odd tackle and block but opposition players seem able to ghost past him with ease. I have nothing against him as a person and I’m not questioning his attitude or desire.

Morecambe have only managed to name 6 substitutes - perhaps that’s all they think they will need to get a result at Fortress Bescot… (and they could be right!)

Early goal up the road - Crewe Alexandra 1 Leyton Orient 0 (2 min)

You can hear the players shouting to each other on ifollow

Edit - ah the commentary has now just commenced.

I’m not laying in … then laying right in :joy: some of those criticisms are unfair, particularly defensively. At times looks the only player willing to put a foot in and like I pointed out, we have much weaker links in this side. Some of them aren’t even there.

Northampton Town 1 Scunthorpe Utd 0 (7 min)

Bradford City 1 Cheltenham Town 0 (11 min)

Is Bates injured? He’s been missing for a few games and I think he did go off in his last game.
EDIT, sorry I was forgetting it’s a secret. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Jeez, we are open at the back.

I know that feeling had a ruby last night this morning was murder.

4 Likes

How utterly crap did Northampton look on the opening day, and yet here they are challenging for promotion and still in the FA Cup!

Grimsby Town 1 Stevenage 0 (17 min)

Penalty to the saddlers

Pen. McDonald bundled over

Saved it :tired_face:

■■■■ poor pen

1 Like