Morecambe (H) - Sat 1st May, 3pm

Here we go folks, our FINAL home League Two game of the 2020/21 season as we welcome Morecambe to the Banks’s Stadium for a bit of a kick-about.

Arguably, this game means far more to The Shrimps as they can still gain automatic promotion to League One if Bolton Wanderers slip up in their last two games and they win theirs.

Possibly the surprise package of the season, Morecambe head into this clash 4th in League Two with 72 points from 44 games. Their last six results have been:

6th April - Southend United (h) - Drew 1-1
10th April - Port Vale (a) - Lost 1-0
13th April - Scunthorpe United (h) - Won 4-1
17th April - Oldham Athletic (h) - Won 4-3
20th April - Grimsby Town (a) - Won 3-0
24th April - Bolton Wanderers (h) - Lost 1-0

As for The Saddlers there is nothing at all to play for after we confirmed our League Two safety last weekend, so team selection and score line could be absolutely anything.

Does Brian Dutton stick with the XI that started last weekend or does he stick more of the kids in to blood them?

Players to have played for both clubs are surely fee and far between. Two that have are Craig Stanley and Tom Brewitt (played in pre-season in the Keates era). Any advances on two anybody?

Finally, is everybody watching that normally does? If not, why? I will be watching as it’s paid for, but I’ve genuinely lost the real interest now and hope 21/22 brings far more joy.

Let us know what you’ll be doing if you’re not watching us.

Walsall vs Morecambe - Match Result
  • Walsall Win
  • Draw
  • Morecambe Win

0 voters

1 Like

No way they’ll catch the top 3. They’ll be conserving their energy. Walsall to win.

FEED THE OSS

Got a feeling we’ll win this. I’m going for 3-0 saddlers

Florent Cuvelier

1 Like

Win why not. I’d like to blood some kids in over the players we know we’re not gonna keep eh Campbell over McDonald Willis over Sinclair some random 16 ur old striker over lavery

1 Like

​Result is not that important, give some time to younger players and DOF to decide, who will go and who will stay.

You have a strange way of looking at football. No one ever won anything by giving up. Strange things happen when the pressure is on. That’s why I actually fancy us to pinch a win here. Morecambe will be a bit gutted if they don’t give it their all and Bolton slip up. Plus in my opinion and experience of watching football, momentum is worth more than any energy that they could save.

2 Likes

Brian the brain will be going all out for the win here, and this game will show how much the players want him as coach next season, if he wins this then it will be a great excuse for LP to argue the fact he is the new messiah.

1 Like

Chris Shuker, Ryan McGivern, Mark Hughes, Jason Price, Kevan Hurst, Jimmy Kelly and Steve McIlargey played for both clubs.

3 Likes

1 -0 win. Dutton to claim post- match he invented the Pfizer vaccine, the catalytic convertor and custard.

14 Likes

Some bosters there.

Most of our lot out of contract and already ‘on the beach’ (if only eh!)
Result no longer important in this abominable season that will certainly not linger in anyone’s memory.
For Morecambe this is a must win match against lets face it, probably the 4th worst team in the EFL. I seem to remember them coming to ‘fortress’ Bescot last season when they were relegation fodder themselves and still beat us!
Can see a continuation of better performances, but to be beaten by a better side (aka Salford). 0-2 again.

Gave Scunny a miss after the previous two inept performances but back for this one.
I fully expect the Messiah to revert back to his 3-5-2 in order to try and avoid defeat against the mighty Morecambe.
0-2.

If there is any chance of him getting the job full time he must know he has to have a go at getting 2 attacking performances and 2 wins … Could be interesting and a decent spectacle if he does.

Looking forward to the traditional end of season lap of honour, to thank fans for their support in an empty stadium. Should time it nicely, just as iFollow cuts the live feed.
Another tradition, what is the fancy dress theme for Carlisle away next week?

How will we traditionally invade the pitch at the end? Will we have to stand on top of the tele?

The Invisible Man?

No, Bonser won’t be there.

Thank god it’s almost over.

7 Likes

This will be it for this season for me I think. Cba to tune in next week and I’m playing at Moss Rose in the late afternoon anyway.

Expect Dutton to be gone on May 10th

1 Like