Most Obscure Former Players

Hit me with errant shots twice in the warm-up before Oldham away. Apologised the first time, then I think he decided I was an idiot when it happened again and he just shrugged. I moved further back.

Paul Marshall - played an entire season without making the slightest impression.

Ludovic Pollet
Steve Chettle
Samassi Abou
Will Randle

I think I remember seeing that! If itā€™s the same game Iā€™m thinking of, we lost 5-3 and their geriatric striker Eyres farted a couple in.

1 Like

We had a great night, I always loved a Friday night game. I wouldnā€™t want to play Friday every week but we always seemed to have a good night. Bit of a change I guess.

I donā€™t remember much about the game. It was very windy if I remember rightly and it wasnā€™t a great game. A bit like a lot of away performances that season, solid but not that pleasing on the eye. Iā€™d take a bit of that for next season if it brings the same success.

2 Likes

Yeah, bit of a boring game IIRC.

Still, was another point on the way to the title

1 Like

It was the 5-3 game. I canā€™t remember if Eyres scored, but heā€™d have been 40 at the time and he played on for another year or two.
It was the match when Richard McKinney let one slip under his body at the end of the first half, then started the second half by letting another one slip under his body, and he never played for us again.
The sun shone, possibly for the only time ever at Oldham.

1 Like

Marc-Antoine Gbarssin

2 Likes

Man City away? One of the most one sided and embarrassing defeats Iā€™ve ever seen, I think it was only 3-0 though. I think Chettle made his debut that night but I might be getting mixed up.

1 Like

Kofi Dakinah.
Jamie Lambert.

Athuman Chine

Jonathan Bewers

Apparently played 90 minutes for us

Who was that midfielder we signed around 3 years ago but never played?

Under Merson wasnā€™t it? We signed some crap back then.

2 Likes

Carl saunders looked like something out of sexual chocolate from coming to america.

Ken Armstrong

Per cederqvist
I have no idea how to spell it. Such a Random signing
Andreas makris- simply an insurance scam or something. As good a footballer as osadebe

1 Like

I remember him playing for us on Sky that season :smile:

His record was impressive in Sweden

Would have been safer moving closer to the goal.

1 Like

Dino Mennillo

Wonder how many of you remember him?!

1 Like