Most Obscure Former Players

Toni Nhleko, apparently “cried tears of joy” when he signed a pre-contract agreement with us, but then swiftly reneged.

2 Likes

Was he another who thought he was signing for Warsaw then realised his mistake?

Martin Brittain
Josh O’Keefe
Kevan Hurst
Omar Mussa

Canadian international Mark Watson sat on the bench in an F A Cup tie at PNE (1998 version) but didn’t come on and then signed for Oxford.

Terry Wharton had a fairly lengthy career with Wolves and Bolton and then played one game for us in 73-74, either at the end of Ronnie Allens reign, or the beginning of Doug Frasers, I forget which.

Ron Fearon was a journeyman keeper who played quite a few league games, including one for us when Mark Gayle was injured. I can’t remember what game it was, but for some reason I know it was February of '93.

2 Likes

Scott Ollerenshaw

1 Like

I played against him in Seattle in the Veterans cup (National tournament for over 40’s) a couple of years ago. He told me when he got the Walsall he realized the English game style was not for him but he enjoyed the social experience.
He also mentioned that Dosh was a miserable bugger.

Bica.

I think we signed him from the muppets alumni five a side team and then he went on to play for a club called The Wankas somewhere in darkest Peru.

1 Like

Michalis Vlachos - I was surprised that he actually made 12 appearances in 2000.

Watson was going to be my shout when I read the opening post. Also on the bench that day was French winger Regis Garrault, who played 45 minutes of the Auto Windscreens Shield game against Bristol Rovers the following Tuesday, and was subsequently never seen again.

There were a few short-term commodoties that sat on our bench that season. I recall Villa kid Neil Davies getting on the pitch for the last bit of the opening day win at Gillingham. I don’t think Ryan Kapagianadis (spelling?) or Wayne Dyer got any further than running down the touchline for a token warm-up.

Adolphus Ofodile

1 Like

Scott Fitzgerald played 5 times on loan during the amazing reign of merson.
Michael Husbands played 4 during the 2005/6 season
James Mcquilkin played 9 times under dean smith when we signed like the entire hereford team kn 2013

Jermaine MacSporran: best named footballer in a long time.

Under Sir Ray, didn’t we have a Tom Curtis on loan who was replaced by a Thomas Thorgesson?

Troy Hewitt, loved Siggy the Icelandic fella.

1 Like

Tony Obi . On loan from Villa around 83 time . Played once or twice as sub . Legend .

Coincidentally as we’re playing Northampton away tonight I seem to remember Siggy playing in a Tuesday night at Northampton after the original Saturday game had been called off due to the pitch being waterlogged.

Steve Claridge

Josh Wakefield, think he was signed by O’Driscoll during 15/16 but never made an appearance. Also, Bryn Morris during that same season.

1 Like

Tom Williams - LB in Dean Smith early days
Dani Rodrigues - may have played once in early 00’s
Simon Gillett - loanee midfielder possibly merson era

Billy Bescot. He only made one appearance was signed by Roy Wallet. Fans didnt take to him they chanted what the effing hell is that

7 Likes

Per Cederqvist