Most Obscure Former Players

Table tennis champ Joe Broad

1 Like

Interview with Dino Mennillo | The Gilbert Alsop (wordpress.com)

Brian Small made a couple of appearances for Sir Ray I think.

Bica.

Came on as a sub at the Hawthorns (October 1999?) for the last 13 minutes of the game and that was all we saw of him.

Gijsbert Bos

Alassane N’Dour
Joao Mawete
Jan Sztybel

1 Like

84/85. His loan coincided with a long freeze up. Ended up reasonably successful in Belgium- which sounds like it should be a line of that time from a Smiths song.

If we’re going for obscure it sounds like the title of a John Hegley poem.

2 Likes

Paul Devlin.

Marcelo, wasn’t he Blues top scorer that season we signed him on loan and he did bugger all here.

3 Likes

Loved him, always seemed to be better than what we had.

Marc-Antoine Gbarssin - Central African Republic International

Everyone’s favourite Gambian - Eddy Sonko

1 Like

Went on to play Champions League and International football. If Emmanuel Osedebe manages that I’ll Piggy back him to the game myself.

Ironically, Makris played those games as a Wing Back.

I wouldn’t call Mr Sunshine obscure …

Gerrault did come on against PNE, I can’t remember for how long or who he replaced.

Alfie Carter came on as sub at the end of that season against Fulham (I think) which was his only appearance apart from possibly Blackburn away the following season. His footballing claim to fame is that he scored the first ever goal for the newly formed A.F.C. Telford.

Was that the season we signed Stuart Naylor as cover for the run-in? He didn’t have to play though.

Not for me, I saw him play a couple of reserve games. Or I saw somebody masquerading as a footballer with that name anyway. Worst footballer I have ever seen, and I’ve seen N’goo play for us and Barrowman and Makris and the jokers in the early 90s. He was unbelievably bad. I don’t know what it was all about but the bloke I saw was not a professional footballer. :confused:

Marcelo came alongside O’Connor when he came back. Think he scored once.

A rather important goal which earned us a 1-0 win against Burnley.

1 Like

Paul smith…one of mersons.

Didier Tholot