My toughest time as a manager

Clarke’s daily assessments of the current situation. Rubbish players. Rubbish manager. Weak minds. Working in Asda etc are more outspoken than me !!! This being the case I’ve decided im having a break from the forum and leaving it all to Darrell :grinning:

2 Likes

:rofl: I know what your saying and I do agree there’s a lot of mistakes and zero talent desire or anything else for that matter just don’t think it’s the right approach there’s honesty and there’s honesty I mean crikey he’s too honest sometimes it’s not very professional and I think I’m right in saying you don’t really hear this level of as I’m gonna call it “slander” from many managers your just gonna get the players backs up all chatting amongst themselves I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been called a w***er by a few already

That’s gonna cheer a few people on here up :rofl: not me by the way I don’t mind you at all everybody has an opinion and is allowed to voice it UNLESS your in a position of being a manager of a football club because you should show a certain level of professionalism if you are

Thanks scooby. That’s 2 people that don’t mind my opinions. U and mazza01. I’m resigning because at the moment I don’t think I can out do Darrell and what some people here would describe as his outrageous and hyperbolic daily press releases. Give his current mood I’m fully expecting him to come out next week with a sustained assault on the playing budget. Hence he’s stole my thunder. I’ll be diverting my passion into my other love of Glasgow Celtic fc.

Why? it would be pretty boring on here if everyone agreed with everything, i think you bring a new aspect to the forum :wink:

1 Like

No problem at all there’s a song ain’t there 2 out of 3000 ain’t bad oh no it’s 2 out of 3 ain’t bad close though :rofl: only kidding…he’s in a position where he’s in the limelight he’s a manager of a professional football club theres 5 and 6 year old kids saying to there dad in the stands every week “look daddy there’s Darrell Clarke” people look up to him he should feel highly honoured to be in such a position and act in the right manner if you listen to the WM interview that was posted even the interviewers trying to get to the point I’m making about his comments but no he get shot down because Darrell knows what’s coming it’s not the right attitude I’m afraid and before anybody comes on saying come on then scooby who we gonna get in I’m not saying he should go just wind his neck in a bit

Thanks chunkster. Now I’m going it appears I’m developing a bit of a fan club. But no. I’ve made up my mind. I’m fully expecting Darrell to come out next week with a vicious blast on the playing budget. Given his current state of mind he may even personally criticise Pomlett and the takeover. So I don’t think I can add anything anymore . I’ll be posting on the Celtic forum I use but only when we lose As you can imagine I’m much less active on that one bye bye all

3 Likes

I remember Keats berating the players in public last season. I remember voicing my disagreement on here at the time.

For those that go on about people in normal jobs getting sacked for not performing, let’s remember:

In “normal jobs” people are generally employed on general continuous contracts and can only be fired after a proper process has been followed. (Subject to a qualifying period).

Footballers sign a fixed term contract, the length of which is agreed by the two parties, and at the end of which they can be out on their arse without any comeback. Neither party can legally break that contract without agreement from the other party, bar some criminal act, so the club cannot just sack a player for not playing well.

4 Likes

Too technical for me, but does not bend the fact there paid too do a job they are not doing and hell list them if need be thats enough too surely strike a bit of fire into them? I dont remember these comments from DK but my memory isnt great so fair enough. If he didnt do any of these comments people would then moan about his lack of honest opinion, never win situation i guess. I hope everyone who uses all the hot air on here do the same tomorrow too give a bit of support too the boys try lift them and lift us

They just stick them in the reserves untill they have had enough and bugger off of their own accord usually :wink:

2 Likes

Correct.

Next time in Asda I’ll look out for some of the players

1 Like

If it’s the one in Darlaston I’d be more inclined to look out for the machete wielding druggies :wink:

1 Like

How can I cheer Liddle and Holden. Clarke’s packed em off to Asda

I’m more scared of Gary Liddle falling over in the biscuit aisle and burying me under a pallet of digestives

2 Likes

Yes but only to sign autographs :grin:

What a way to go :grin: i would feel better if it was a pallet of southern comfort :laughing:

Well I never expected this, just been in my local Asda and saw Liddle,Adebayo, Gordon, Sadler, Holden,Scarr, Kinsella, Gaffney, Norman, all in the BOGOF special aisle, strangely now one was buying in that aisle🤗Oh and Guthrie was in the discounted aisle with the rest of " past it’s sell by date "

2 Likes

Liddle might show more movement walking down
The aisle in Asda than he does in our midfield

The irony - Lidl in Asda! :rofl:

2 Likes