Nathan Sheron Signs

Yes…I made that point earlier in the thread.Good management in my view.

Surprised at this signing as Nathan doesn’ t fit the criteria of what DC stated he was looking for. However, if he does a job for us then I dont care if he was signed from an U16 squad.

Ye mate defo lets see how is first . I saw a load of negative comments on twitter about him .i thought its abit strange really that people would slate him when he has league experience .yes he might not be what we was all expecting but id rather have a 22 year old with league experience on the bench than 30 year old gaffney .we have them both on loan so id rather have him taking up the seat and hopefully making a difference than gaffney that comes on and changes the game for the worst lol

1 Like

Will give him all the support if he wears the shirt but this signing has left me a little cold. Loved what DC bringing in Nolan, not sure what he is thinking is here. He said he was looking for an offensive, forward thinking player with height ? Hmmmm

I’m not sure this is our big January push for promotion/playoffs

Oh well, hardly the signing of my dreams but I hear he’s everywhere when he plays and he don’t stop. At first I thought the rumours were just little lies but there’s been a landslide of comments on here so there’s no going back I guess.

By the way, if he can play midfield and central, does that make the signing a Fleetwood MaC?

Don’t really understand how anybody can have a strong opinion one way or the other.

Like every signing we (have to) make there is an element of something definitely being there whilst at the same time being a bit of a punt.

2 Likes

Like the Jack Nolan signing I’m slightly underwhelmed but as with every signing I will judge once he’s played a few games. How anyone can moan just yet is beyond me. Get a ■■■■■■■ grip.

4 Likes

So let me get this right we’ve just loaned a player from Fleetwood who’s made 26 appearances for them and made 13 appearances whilst on loan at clubs like Chorley Chester and Southport all of this since 2016 please excuse me if I’m not excited one little bit good luck to him but very very underwhelming it’s exactly the kind of signing I am now sadly getting use to as we are now where we are as a club.

1 Like

My only question would be , is how do we scout a player that hasn’t been playing?

Saying that I wish him luck.

Reserve matches

We don’t we take a punt we’ve took a punt on a whole team from the get go some work out some don’t as we’ve all witnessed it’s just depressing sad underwhelming we are a bit of a joke as a club at the minute not very tempting to sign for mid table League 2 is exactly where we are and is exactly what we attract.I really do hope all of our players including the signings we make from now till the end of the window succeed please don’t anybody think I don’t because I really do I just feel a bit deflated with our current plight.

They are certainly not signings to help us get to the magic 5,000 Mr P

1 Like

Funny how different people see things. I’m mildly and cautiously optimistic about our current plight. It’s a bit like Australia at the moment. Looks scorched but look closely and there are green shoots arriving before some of us thought possible.

3 Likes

I doubt that we attend Fleetwood reserve games tbf.

I’d guess it was more a case of Fleetwood offering him to us.

It is funny how people see things I completely agree I just see a long difficult road ahead and I know we aren’t given any god given right to walk this league or even make strides towards the play offs anytime soon but if there’s a plan in place which includes signing certain players who have played at a higher level to slowly work towards a final goal of returning to the leagues above I can’t see it with this signing I’m afraid there’s nothing that shouts to me that this signing will help towards that goal of promoting us anytime soon like I say just my opinion.I take comfort in Wes signing and in Jacks debut being promising Josh Gordon’s work rate and goals I do see your “green shoots” but this signing really underwhelms me that’s all.

1 Like

Football is a funny ol game. Guthrie was seen as our star signing of the summer and has turned out to be a crock. Our star performer of the season (Wes) was signed on a short term deal from Yeovil ffs.

Yes I’m underwhelmed but you cannot judge someone until they’re wearing our shirt. Give him a chance.

4 Likes

Welcome Nathan anyway, show us what you can do :smiley:

2 Likes

I wish the lad well I would love nothing more than to chew on my own words…so do we think this is our midfielder that DC was on about at the meeting the other night? Or are we expecting another midfielder to arrive?

1 Like

I would say a striker was on the cards mate, otherwise there will be a riot :laughing:

1 Like

We already have 5 on the books Gordon Gaffney Adebayo Lavery and Candlin do we need another :rofl:

1 Like