New contract for Sadler

9 Likes

will just cost us more when he is inevitably sacked in December :wink:

3 Likes

Great news, lets get promotion with Mat Sadler!

4 Likes

Happy with this! Was one of those underwhelmed when he took over, but think he has earned his stripes, especially second half of the season under difficult circumstances in terms of injuries where I think you could count on one hand him picking his strongest 11 from the squad at his disposal! Let’s hope he kicks on again now and can prove all those that still have reservations about him.

6 Likes

PE Teacher Out!

1 Like

Abysmal move.

Reward failure.

Nice one.

8 Likes

I am pleased for him.He has obviously worked hard in the role. I hope he can bring us some success and in trying to do that he needs help from BB in signing players of better quality in key positions especially up front.

2 Likes

I’m just here for the comments. Popcorn purchased :popcorn:

23 Likes

Hope there’s a clause playoffs or down the pedler.

From the club OS:

Under Sadler’s leadership, the club has achieved significant milestones in the 2023/24 season, including securing its highest points tally since returning to League Two, and the most wins and goals scored since the 2015/16 season, reflecting the progress made under Sadler’s guidance.

4 Likes

Agreed . Boring work over ability football and relied on the genius of hutch and Dan Watson set peices to get so close to the play offs
Should have done better with the players we had and his awful tactically ,
Believes josh Gordon’s a good player
I wouldn’t have sacked him as we are now but a new contract now is crazy

2 Likes

Great news, I said a while ago we were in negotiations, fantastic that we’ve got it over the line.

1 Like

Hopefully he’s backed even further in the summer so we can go one better next season.

2 Likes

I am sure he will but I understand this new contract is a significant improvement on his old contract and will make him one of if not the highest paid manager in the division.

1 Like

Good for stablity.

But he has a lot to learn, and things need to evolve.

I hope he recognises and does that next season.

I’m not against Sadler having a new contract but I didn’t like that bit personally. Don’t use our past failures to big up Sadler, it’s not really relevant.

I didn’t notice the length of his new contract, at least 2 years I’d assume though.

2 Likes

Still not fully convinced but the club seem to be so lets back him for next season as fans and as a club.I want him to do well that means we do so i wish him all the best.`

2 Likes

I’d say it’s an extra year to his contract that initially ran out next summer.

4 Likes

I just hope they kept that get out clause for Xmas :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Imagine what we could do next season without the division among the fanbase and those FEW that tried hard to unsettle things on social media with spurious rumor about dressing room bust ups and fallings out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes