New contract for Sadler

Yes , but he’s not a big name manager who would obviously be 100% guaranteed to definitely get us promoted .
I mean fancy not piss_ng most of your squad off so they don’t care, and finishing in our best position for years , and only doing a few hours a week after finishing school as a PE teacher then going to his estate agent job then just about managing to fit WFC in his spare time .
Yes let’s get rid of him and appoint the new manager that some people on here seem think they know can guarantee to change all this.

4 Likes

Most goals in almost ten seasons.
Most wins in almost ten seasons.

He’s earned it. If you’re crying about it it’s probably because you said at the outset he was no good and don’t want to be proven wrong. Look up the sunken cost fallacy.

16 Likes

Mr Mediocrity has weighed in.

@simon , I think. I tried to find it yesterday, but couldn’t.

1 Like

Yawn!

From the ‘What constitutes a ‘good’ season?’ thread, which is well worth a read in retrospect:

6 Likes

The extension has me thinking “yeah, that’s probably deserved and probably a good thing”. I’m not racing round the kitchen singing “Matty Sadler’s barmy army” and I’m not upset either. If it were a survey I’d be ticking “more happy than not” just to the right of “neither” but quite a bit short of “ecstatic” .

Really hope he builds on why us been a good season. Not great but a strong good.

4 Likes

The annual accounts for each club.

Obviously it’s the whole clubs wage budget so not exactly accurate for playing budget but I’d say close enough as we hardly run a bloated back office operation or have endless coaches etc.

1 Like

Most goals conceded in over 20 years apart from our 2 relegation years in that time.

3 Likes

Great selection.

:joy:

Sorry for pissing on your bestest stats

1 Like

So by your logic, 20 of the teams in our league that don’t go up should be sacking their manager?

1 Like

Also more losses than last season :laughing:

1 Like

Someone will be along shortly to tell me that possession doesn’t matter…

3 Likes

But already 11 more points, which is what counts :laughing:

1 Like

Also way more points than last season. :joy:

Interesting that the piece didn’t specify the actual length of the contract. Presumably he was only on a one or two year contract before? If he is now on a two year contract from next season then it’s hard to see why there would be a fuss, unless the view is he should be replaced?

1 Like

I thought that. The current MO seems to be 2 years. Id guess its that.

1 Like

Is he playing for Wimbledon today?

:grin:

2 Likes

I thought this too…

But strange is it not? Does it suggest it’s just 12 months?

No idea!

1 Like